PDA

View Full Version : HID Help...

Cyrk
03/16/2005, 06:36 AM
Question for Tone or anyone who has an HID kit... My driver side HID light goes out once in awhile and if I turn the lights off and on again the bulb lights up again... I checked around and do not see anything lose or frayed. Any suggestions? Could I got a crappy bulb? If so Tone can a new bulb be purchased?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Ldub
03/16/2005, 06:47 AM
Cyrk,
Me too, passenger side cuts out for no apperent reason, just started in the last month or so. Also pas. side has a tan/orange hue to it while "ramping up",but eventually seems to even out with the other side (5-10 sec.)

Ldub

MZ-N10
03/16/2005, 08:44 AM
the drivers side and the passenger side lights lights up with different color....within 2 seconds they even out...
________
MagicSmileXX (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/MagicSmileXX)

VX crazy
03/16/2005, 09:00 AM
Color temp differences are normal until warmed up - nothing to worry about.

As for one of the lights going out, I recommend unplugging and replugging in all the connections on that side - I had that exact problem once and that resolved it. You can also exchange the bulb with the other one to isolate if it really is the bulb.

VCAMILO
08/07/2006, 06:21 PM
I have joined the HID's club. :p They look so nice... Im waiting for my Hella fogs lights to come in on Friday.

Tone
08/08/2006, 07:53 AM
Normal - HIDs are discharge lamps that ignite a gas not a filament so it takes a while to get to proper temp. If you have an intermittant lamp ignition, something is not connected tightly. Unplug and replug ALL connections even if they look secure. Then move the lamp you think is bad to the other side of the vehicle. If the problem moves, then it may be the lamp. If it doesn't and stays on the original side, then there is a problem there. Then start by swapping components from side to side. Move the Ignitor first then the ballast. Let me know.

LittleBeast
08/08/2006, 10:30 AM
This happened to me and is now fixed. My problem was my passenger side either would not come on or would need a flick to the 12v relay case (balck box with a silver screw eyelet thing on top usually wrapped in heat shrink), problem got worse with it coming back on without a flick to the relay the hotter they got. The next time it will not come on try flicking or hitting the 12v relay on that side. If it comes on try to make the connections smaller to increase contact make sure to unplug battery before doing so. This was only a temporary fix for me as it only worked for a few months, then came back, so I ended up getting a new wiring harness with the relay from Tone (for free Tone stands behind his prducts thanks again) and have never had a problem again. Hope this helps and I have a feeling it is not your bulbs but that stupid relay thing like mine, sounds exactly the same as what I went through. In Christ, Ryan

Cyrk
08/08/2006, 11:00 AM
Tone help me out a while ago and it was a bad bulb.

Got a new one from him and works good, except that the colors are different, I think it is due the new one was never sparked up till I got it and the other one has been running for 1+ years.

I'll want to buy another newer bulb later to match when I get some funds.

-Dave