PDA

View Full Version : Hood corner lifting up?

Edward
03/17/2005, 06:34 PM
Anyone had this trouble..? One corner of the plastic insert (passenger side close to windshield) coming loose from the base and starting to raise up. Glue attachment or what??

psychos2
03/17/2005, 06:47 PM
they used glue to attach to metal discs that rust and seperate.i removed the insert and reglued with some 2 part epoxy. make sure it is fast drying or it will run and not stay in the spot you need it to. shawn

Joe_Black
03/17/2005, 06:48 PM
Remove the christmas-tree fasteners (use a trim tool) holding the underhood insulation and take a look at your insert retaining nuts. They may have loosened on that corner or either pulled free from the ABS insert.

thebear54
03/17/2005, 06:50 PM
I agree...a two part Epoxy is the best remedy for that little fix.

FOR GOD SAKES DON'T USE CRAZY GLUE :)
John

Edward
03/18/2005, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the help!

Ldub
03/18/2005, 08:24 AM
This may be way too "industrial" looking for most & so far it's just a random thought. What does anyone think of removing the stock fastening posts on the insert, drilling through some or all of the former post positions & refastening with stainless cap screws w/ washers through the orig. mounting holes in the hood? You could even incorporate a couple of hood pins.
It would make insert removal for drainhole cleaning way easier.

Inquiring minds wanna know. Ldub

Edward
03/18/2005, 10:44 AM
Probably because it took only 5 minutes to fix it with the two part epoxy and a little sand paper... But, good idea if you have the time.

TDAWG
03/18/2005, 03:09 PM
I had the same problem a while back and used Gorilla Glue. I took it off for a day. Haven't had the problem again. it's been almost a year since it happened.