PDA

View Full Version : quick suggestion of what NOT to do when traveling through Austin TX!

coachreed
03/26/2005, 06:42 PM
I had to come down to Texas this weekend to pick my son up from his mom's house (he spent his springbreak in San Antonio, TX)... anyway, I figured while down this way, I might as well meet up with our good friend Tone Monday... ok, for the suggestion of what NOT to do... don't let Tone talk you into test fitting ANYTHING on your truck that you don't already completely plan to buy! He had a set of HID's sitting there... he suggested that maybe to see the difference between the stock headlights and the HID's, we should install one headlight and then look at them... well, thats just what we did... and after looking at the difference... I couldn't help it... I now have HID's on my '01 VX! OUCH! That hurts the pocket book! That was after I had already purchased a tow package and reverse camera also for the '01... it was a damn expensive visit to Tone's garage!

Anyway... Tone... it was good meeting up again... having lunch and all... I look forward to getting together for breakfast on the way out of town... I however didn't completely 100% enjoy writing checks! lol I'll catch ya later!

Heraclid
03/26/2005, 06:48 PM
LOL! Thanks - if I ever get around to getting him down here for a S/C install, I've been warned. Hey, how's the VX heart transplant going?

volume311
03/26/2005, 11:31 PM
So does that mean that the VX is getting around under it's own V8 power?

coachreed
03/27/2005, 05:45 AM
Heraclid-
Yeah, if Tone shows up for a S/C install and has a new HID kit, door popper, tow package, bull-bar, step bars, blah blah blah... well, lets just say that you better be careful... cuz you might end up as a rolling ToneMonday billboard... at YOUR expense! lol

As for the Ironman heart transplant... I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it, but I think I'm gonna try to force free-time to work on it... its not far from completion... but I haven't touched it much for awhile... between work and raising an eight year old boy on my own, I don't have much time for other stuff... and this last week while he was on springbreak (800+ miles away from where I was), I was either too busy working or was too wiped out to get anything done! sooooo... to answer your question volume311, nope... its not rolling under its own v-8 power... this was my OTHER VX... just in case you didn't catch it in one of my threads, I have the '00 Ironman AND an '01 Keiser Silver VX.

TTYL!

Coach