PDA

View Full Version : Factory Radio Holes??

bigdogdeee
04/14/2005, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone, I am a newby and hope i'm not wearing out my welcome with a bunch of obvious questions, but here's another. :-)

Obviously the factory radio was removed from my VX and I have already replaced it with my kenwood system and a hook up for my IPOD, but my question is this. Underneath the ash tray, there is another opening. On my VX someone put a very generic piece of black plastic in there, so that it doesn't look right into the dash, but what originally went there? Or is there any cool mods or things other people can suggest putting there?

Thanks everyone!!! This site is a savior!!!!!

Moncha
04/14/2005, 11:07 AM
There was a 6 disc changer that was in there originally. Only you imagination will limit you to what you can install there now. A visit to the Knowledge Base (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia) will yeild a pocket (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=list_content&eid=5) that can be installed in the hole.

bigdogdeee
04/14/2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks again Moncha. Yeah, i'm thinking of just fabricating something there, and maybe installing some kind of a mount for my IPOD there also, I'm undecided, but you're right i'll let my imagination run.

bigdogdeee
04/21/2005, 01:31 PM
I ran a thread along these same lines a while ago, but am still up for input. Has anyone modified or made a kick butt pocket or something cool in the spot where the factory six disc was? Someone on the previous post said that you could still obtain the "factory made pocket" which is false. Merlin couldn't find any, and even though isuzuparts.net said they had them, about a week later I got an e-mail saying they are discontinued and they couldn't find any either. So I guess, i'm just up for suggestions. I fabricated a real generic piece that sits in there now, and looks better then the hole in the dash, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has thought of something original/cool to do with that space. Let me know. Thanks.

ameetw
04/21/2005, 06:23 PM
But I'm still wondering if anyone else has thought of something original/cool to do with that space. Let me know. Thanks.

Go for the BMW E36 Clock/Coin Holder. It fits the 1 din slot with a bonus a clock :rolleyes: . There is 1 unit in Ebay UK which I am bidding. If I win, I'll install it then let you guys know if it was a good upgrade.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4543837728&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Ameet

Bulldoggie
06/06/2005, 09:25 PM
I ran a thread along these same lines a while ago, but am still up for input. Has anyone modified or made a kick butt pocket or something cool in the spot where the factory six disc was? Someone on the previous post said that you could still obtain the "factory made pocket" which is false. Merlin couldn't find any, and even though isuzuparts.net said they had them, about a week later I got an e-mail saying they are discontinued and they couldn't find any either. So I guess, i'm just up for suggestions. I fabricated a real generic piece that sits in there now, and looks better then the hole in the dash, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has thought of something original/cool to do with that space. Let me know. Thanks.
The "factory made pocket" is still avalable, Fits all isuzus' , But when I installed one in mine there was a 1/2' gap in the trim face. I fixed this by drilling new holes (the same 1/2") farther forward on the old mounts for the changer (screw holes), the old mounts hold the pocket in place.