PDA

View Full Version : Did I take a bath???

bigdogdeee
04/15/2005, 02:59 PM
So I just picked up my VX this week. I paid about 12500 for a 99 VX in excellent condition with 55k on it. Everything works, everything looks good, and it runs great. I thought I made a really good purchase until my father just called and told me I got hosed. Now granted, my father is a backwoods boy, that doesn't understand the concept or cost of suvs and used vehicles as well as some might, but now I'm doubting my purchase. As seen as I'm at it, I've had a hard time finding issues with the VX mechanically, other then the window. As seen as I have 55k on it, does anyone foresee me having any major mechanical issues anytime soon? I just need some reassurance I guess. . . .

Offroad vx
04/15/2005, 03:08 PM
No bath here I think you are right about where you need to be. If you check Kelley Blue Book and Nada and average them out you'll be happy with what you paid.

Tone
04/15/2005, 03:09 PM
Maybe a little high for a '99 but reasonable mileage. Make sure all the required services have been performed and if you can't confirm, do them again. You can't change any of the fluids too often and is the best preventative you can perform. Lots of info here on the few potential issues you could see. Used cars are like roulette - you never know. Enjoy!

Green Dragon
04/15/2005, 03:28 PM
A 99 VX! Time to change PCV & clean EGR.

NJVX
04/15/2005, 05:00 PM
Hey I think you got a good deal. I paid $13,999 for a 2000 with 44,000 miles on it. So good job. No problems with mine yet. Knock on wood. I just hit 56,000 miles. What a great little truck..:)

VXR
04/16/2005, 03:29 PM
Last year I paid $15,500 for a 99 with 18K mi. I am still quite happy with my purchase... ;)

Kenny
04/16/2005, 03:43 PM
I just bought mine last month from Chicago area, 2001 with 31K - $16,000.
+ 20% taxes (OUCH!).

StormTROOPER
04/16/2005, 05:26 PM
Decent price, I can't believe KBB and others don't factor in RARENESS.. :rolleyes: I surely wouldn''t go by their prices. There were about 8900 Deloreans made in a 3 year period and they are selling for about the same price as when new. ($20,000)... I'll take a 1 of 4600 VX any day OVER a Delorean. ;)

VehiGAZ
04/17/2005, 01:49 PM
I bought my VX in December... a '99 in great condition with 45k on it for $12k, so yes, you paid a fair price.

By the way, Kelly Blue Book doesn't "set" values... they base their values on the prices a particular model/year are selling for in the open market. The market determines the value, not KBB.

cascabel3
04/19/2005, 10:25 AM
I bought my 2000 with 53K for $12,000. I think you got a good deal. Remember, there is always that person after any purchase you make who will tell you it was too much. Here we call this the "Good Humor" man. As stated by other members; change all fluids regardless of what the seller told you. Changing the fluids is the beginning of making the VX a part of you. It removes old used energy and replaces it with your own. Everytime I have purchased a used vehicle, I calculated the cost of a detail and the change of all fluids. Take your VX to a reputable Isuzu dealer (an oxymoron?) for this work, as you still have a 60K drive train warranty. I got a new tranny out of doing this at 56k, at no charge. I don't believe there was anything wrong with the tranny I had, the guy was nice and they get paid by Isuzu after all to do warranty work. So remember, your car is still in warranty until 60k.

WyrreJ
04/23/2005, 12:04 PM
Decent price, I can't believe KBB and others don't factor in RARENESS..I'm pretty sure the numbers in the KBB are based on actual sales, so "rareness" is already factored in. Some would say that the people reporting the sales have an interest in biasing the numbers, but that's really a different issue.

jagusmc
04/25/2005, 09:20 AM
$15,800 with 49,000 miles 01 Ironman this past Tuesday, no problems with it other than needing a slight alignment and already had everything flushed and changed just so I have my own record to start from scratch with. I do have a headlight gasket issue on passengers side and rubber lining around passenger door coming off but those minor and easy fixes. My new exhust and muffler and Ranchos are on their way as I speak ;) Looking to get the Pioneer N2 (cd,mp3,ipod,nav, cam, digital guages, etc) installed here shortly :cool:
Ordered my plates today *Vet Armed Forces plates with "IRNM VX"*