PDA

View Full Version : Mounting ideas, and dash panel ????

bigdogdeee
04/19/2005, 07:05 PM
I am wanting to mount my ipod in the VX and am wondering if anyone has done up any mods for this, or thought of some cool way to mount electronics such as this? I have ordered a vent mount, and it should sit in there decent, but I'd rather not clog up the vents.

The only other quesiton i have, is on the right of the steering wheel on the dash, there are four buttons, two above two. three of the buttons seem to have funciton, but one seems non-functional? is that a place to possibly put a toggle or different adapter? i'm wanting to run my ipod hookup through that area, and trying to make it look as clean as possible.

Thanks for suggestions or ideas

mjd709
04/20/2005, 07:19 AM
I mounted mine using two strips of black velcro, one above and below the drivers side fuzzy pocket. I placed an alternate long piece of velcro from top to bottom of ipod. Doesn't budge. I ran the battery cord behind the lower dash panel (under driver's side vent) and behind the center console to the back of my EQ/lighter. A perfectly hidden installation. Works great.

Tone
04/20/2005, 07:26 AM
ProFit makeS some slim brackets that mount to the radio screws and come out through the seam for mounting all manner of items. I have one in my hand that I have not installed (but I have seen used) p/n 1Z-71-96 - sorry for the blurry shot, the camera(man) has not had enough coffee yet....

VCrossfan
04/20/2005, 09:14 AM
Hey Bigdog: I have a Dell DJ and ran into the same question. I ended up buying a desktop DJ holder and making a temporary mounting bracket using a chrome kitchen Utensil bracket (tweaked to fit)from Walmart ($2.42) until I fiqure out if thats where I want the DJ to be. It is at finger touch range and is mounted to the existing console mounting hole on the tunnel. You have to watch the angle to make sure you can shift to low and the seat can still slide forward. If ipod makes a desktop holder, you might give this method a try...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/Dell_DJ_007.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/Dell_DJ_007.jpg)