PDA

View Full Version : Trooper CV=VX CV?

AlaskaVX
06/17/2005, 07:22 PM
Well my driver side CV went out and am now looking for a replacement. I found a 2001 Trooper CV for $60, will it work? Is there any other year that would work? Any help appreciated

Thanks,
Alan

SPAZZ
06/17/2005, 09:35 PM
certain years are same measurement, but am not sure which years.

measure them is all I can say or call St Charles Isuzu and ask for the part numbers for both vehicles with parts in question and see if they are same.

If you need help changing out your cv's then pm me and I'll give you my number and you can call me and I'll help you out.

Maugan_VX
06/18/2005, 08:28 AM
I'm going out on a wing here, but I'm guessing that Yes, the same model year trooper CV will fit the VX.

In 97 I believe, Isuzu widened the front axle, making the shafts longer. Just stick to the same model year trooper part and you *should* be ok. One way to find out would be to find a part number for them both and see if they are one in the same.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't actually replaced the CV's on the VX yet so I cannot say for sure.

AlaskaVX
06/24/2005, 12:12 PM
Well as it turns out, no it will not work. The VX is it's own animal. I guess it is possible that the Trooper has Driver side drop instead of passenger like ours and maybe the passenger CV would work? But most likely not.

SPAZZ
06/24/2005, 12:25 PM
for cv's it doesn't matter if passenger or drivers side drop. Unless you are talking axle shafts...but even so you just swap the brackets out and turn sides. as long as they are same measurement, improvise adapt overcome.

AlaskaVX
06/24/2005, 12:31 PM
Exactly Spazz it was a short shaft when I needed a long shaft.

SPAZZ
06/24/2005, 01:07 PM
so, your axle shaft broke..I am talking about the one that is from the green housing and runs inside the the housing to the 3rd member..."SHORT or LONG SHAFT" or did just the cv shafts or castles inside the cv boots break???

SGT.BATGUANO
06/25/2005, 10:20 PM
Try a search as I'm pretty sure there is interchangability for one side. The other side is vx only.