PDA

View Full Version : check engine

alobar05
06/19/2005, 11:11 PM
when I turn ob the ignition, a sign check engine appears in red
what does this mean?

SPAZZ
06/20/2005, 12:04 AM
if it is a steady check engine light it is not as bad as a flashing one. Check all fluids...connections...spark plugs...MAF...etc... Take it to an auto parts store like Ato Zone that will check it for free to see what codes are being thrown.

VehiGAZ
06/20/2005, 06:07 AM
If you get a code refering to the fuel system or emissions, then retighten your gas cap. The light may not go away immediately, but will if that was the problem. It seems to be the most common cause of the check engine light coming on.

Lashsquat
06/20/2005, 11:38 AM
I can tell you my light has been on for over 50,000 miles! Isuzu shop cant find any thing wrong and resets it,...comes back on within a few mins,I also have a Amigo and Rodeo,both of them the check engine light is on,well...not the amigo any more, i disconected it when i was in the dash!.My Amigo has over 200,000 miles on it and the light came on @ about 25,000 not saying you should disconnect yours..,but i think you will find out this is a on going program with Isuzu!

Tone
06/20/2005, 01:13 PM
alobar05 - There is a red Check Trans light but I do not have a red one for Check Engine - only orange, please post a picture.

Lashsquat - what is the code number? If the problem is still there, of course it will still be on.

Just found a great place to mount the ScanGauge code reader/reset and multifunction gauge - removed my storage bin where the CD player was and it fits perfectly!

Lashsquat
06/28/2005, 11:37 AM
Tone....Sorry for the delay on replying to you,had been out of town,
There is no code error ,it just reads no signal....?

VX crazy
06/28/2005, 04:08 PM
What reads no signal? If the check engine light is on, there will be a code. If the reader says no signal, the reader is bad or imcompatible.

newthings
06/28/2005, 05:21 PM
Tone,
What happened to the round multi function display and code reader/reset?
Roy

Tone
06/28/2005, 07:58 PM
Still offering them but no takers - boost will be added later but manufacturer is too busy at the moment. Jay is running one installed at the top of the A pillar with a simple bracket and loves it!

Ldub
06/28/2005, 08:57 PM
Tone,
I'll probably be interested when they're able to display boost.Keep us posted.
(oops, sorry for the hi-jack)
Ldub