PDA

View Full Version : Help need it!!!

iliri
07/20/2005, 07:38 AM
Hi there,

I do have My '99 VX and lately when I turn on my A/c, my engine goes near overheat to H- sign. Does anyone know what I have to do to fix this issue?

V-Twin hiCROSS
07/20/2005, 01:31 PM
So does this only happen when you turn on the A/C? Or is it just that you always use the A/C lately? My first guess would be the thermostat. That is of course if you have already checked the fluid level in the radiator. If the fluid is low, you probably need to fill it up and see if there are any leaks. Let us know.

ScottinMA
07/20/2005, 01:45 PM
Where do you live in MA?

Ldub
07/20/2005, 03:00 PM
Could it be that the electric fan isn't working?...you should be able to hear it come on when you turn on a/c.
Ldub

SGT.BATGUANO
07/20/2005, 11:23 PM
Check radiator fins (front and backside) for debris and clogging. Have your fan clutch checked (it may be slipping).

JAFO
07/21/2005, 12:16 AM
Don't mean to high jack but where do your guy's temp gauge usually read?

C 1/4 1/2 3/4 H

VehiX
07/21/2005, 06:18 AM
My temp readings, as seen with the Scan Guage this summer, have been around 175-198 degrees on average. To my understanding this is 'around' normal for the VX. These are the temparatures when the actual VX guage is in the middle of the normal section.

I live in N.H and these are the readings I have been seeing this summer with all this nasty heat and humidity.

Lashsquat
07/21/2005, 12:55 PM
Hi ,
I got the same problem..my 99 vehicross runs fine on most days with the Air on,but then out of no where it starts to run hot..enough that i have to cut the air off ,then it cools down... my fan clutch is easily push backwards even when warm ,so i am thinking it is wore out but just not completely, i called St charles and they said that their was a engineering change on this fan clutch and you have to buy the motor and new fan to match up..? total cost about just over $300.00... a different web site for iszu parts had it listed for $100.00 but did not mention the engineering change.. any suggestions?

iliri
08/28/2005, 03:27 PM
It has been 3 months with this overheating problem and still did not get any response. Happens after I drive for approximately 30 min. Turning on the A/C helps overheating to happen before. If I am stuck to a bumper to bumber traffic helps overhaeating too. When I drive fast, my heat goes down to normal. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Joe_Black
08/28/2005, 05:07 PM
Iliri and Lashquat, sounds like y'all have main cooling fan issues. When you turn on the A/C this starts pumping more heat into the radiator as the condenser is in front of the radiator, which results in the temp rise since your main fan isn't pulling any air to compensate. For an inexpensive replacement just check a few local junk/salvage yards and get a replacment from a Trooper that had the 3.5L engine. Changing the fan takes about 1/2 an hour and is pretty straighforward.

iliri
09/02/2005, 10:50 AM
I went to isuzu to check my overheating problem again and they told me that you do have to change your fan clutch and to buy a new fan blade to fit to this one since was a engineering change on this fan clutch and you have to buy the motor and new fan to match up.
Do you guys think I do have to buy just old fan clutch or buy the new ones ...Does anyone know where to find new fan clutch and blade part # and wher can I buy those cheaper than $300.

Thank you for your time guys

Joe_Black
09/02/2005, 11:03 AM
Check with a discount auto parts place like AutoZone or Pep Boys. That part will be common across all the 3.5/3.2L Isuzus, so there should be an aftermarket. If not, I'd still hit a salvage yard for a low-mileage replacement. If you don't have the shop manual CD post and I'll respond with the remove/replace portion applicable to the job.

iliri
09/13/2005, 10:19 AM
I bought a clutch to autozone. A friend of mine fixed. But now fan is making a noise like I am Flying. May be this is more powerfull clutch? Any suggestion? Does anyone know how to lower the speed of the fan?

Thanks in advance

Lashsquat
12/22/2005, 12:25 PM
After 2 years of overheating always a possibilty with no answers to fix, i believe i have finally fixed the problem,may be over kill but im happy with the confort i have to drive to the beach or up a Mt on a hot day with the ac running!...1st thing was st8 wire the A/C cooling fan to run all the time the engine is running."notice even after 15 mins of engine warming up cooling fan would come on sometimes ,not evertime". the 2nd thing was to install a after market cooling fan $99.00. "higher rpms" and cheaper than isuzu "engineered update cooling fan" which cost 300.00. this is in my opinion the root problem with so many vehicross over heating. design has little air flow coming though grill ,no lower airdams to help pull air up , a fan clutch that is less than par to do the job itself...this prob fuel the engineer change in the fan from isuzu.
Its a bit like a huricane under the hood now ! lol that.. and lose of some horse power im sure,is a small price to pay for a engine not borderline over heating every time im in traffic or a/c running. hope this helps others and if there any knowledge about this that someone knows would like to hear their imput.!!

corilyn7
08/10/2006, 03:28 PM
Iliri and Lashquat, sounds like y'all have main cooling fan issues. When you turn on the A/C this starts pumping more heat into the radiator as the condenser is in front of the radiator, which results in the temp rise since your main fan isn't pulling any air to compensate. For an inexpensive replacement just check a few local junk/salvage yards and get a replacment from a Trooper that had the 3.5L engine. Changing the fan takes about 1/2 an hour and is pretty straighforward.
What year was the trooper that you got the fan clutch from Joe? I have a 1999 isuzu rodeo and i had an accident and had to replace my fan but I cannot find the correct fan. I have had a few different ones and they run but it almost immediately overheats everytime i drive it.

crager34
08/10/2006, 09:21 PM
This very recently happened to me too. After lots of research here, I started with the basics. I changed (flush/fill) the radiator fluid. The old stuff was still good to 220 deg, but I changed it anyway. Problem solved!! It's been consistantly in the 90's out here in Middle Georgia and the VX doesn't get hot anymore. Temp gauge stays in the middle and a little above now.