PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Question

MSHardeman
08/09/2005, 06:47 PM
I thought that I had started this thread before, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.
Has anyone ever tried to change the color of the gauges on the dashboard?
I have an Ebony VX with a black/grey interior, and I thought that it would be nice to have the gauges be blue like the newer Volkswagons. I know that we share a dash with another Isuzu model, but I'm not sure which one (Amigo?). I would like to get a junked dashboard to attempt this on before I tear into mine.
Any comments, or suggestions?

MZ-N10
08/09/2005, 08:05 PM
the vx dash is out of a old rodeo, i dont know the year but im sure u can fnd it(look for morgan-tec thread about his new screen install). as for the gauges, i dont think anyone has sucessfully changed all the gauge cluster color. search for it again im almost 100% sure there was a thread about putting color caps over the exisiting bulbs.

JULIAN911
08/09/2005, 09:02 PM
I changed mine out to all red last weekend - it looks a heck better now. Because the gauges have an orange tint (I think), it wouldn't pass any blue light through when I experimented with blue LED. Only red LED would work for me and that's what I got now.

I would love to have reverse indiglo style gauges but you would have to mix different model year of the trooper gauges like another member on this board have done.

Raque Thomas
08/10/2005, 05:11 AM
Look here for info:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2571&highlight=trooper+gauges

Also, the chrome and brushed stainless cluster covers they sell for '94 - '97 honda passports on eBay will fit the VX with a little bit of trimming.