PDA

View Full Version : TOD lights off/Radio Out

shoota77
09/03/2005, 11:10 AM
My VX died a couple weeks ago...after replacing a fuse and charging the battery for a couple hours it started up with the following oddities:
TOD Lights comlpetely out.
ABS light by turn signal constanly on.
No sound from radio.

Any one have any ideas of what I should do? Different fuse? Haul it into a scammy dealership? Never knew how much I listened to the radio before this. VX is extra loud without it.

SPAZZ
09/03/2005, 05:47 PM
changing fuses or bulbs in dash might work.

I had my illumination lights for the dash guages go out on my VX and NOTHING has worked to get them back on. I have changed all bulbs, fuses, dash display assemblies, and ilumination dimmer switch assembly. IF someone has any ideas I would be up for something else too???

Triathlete
09/03/2005, 05:48 PM
Re check all your fuses. You may have shorted out the circuits when re connecting your battery causing the lowwer amperage fuses to blow.

Triathlete
09/03/2005, 05:52 PM
Spazz, you may have had a wire come lose or break. The wires for those lights is preety thin if I remember right...plus I think you've had your dash apart several times. Also check for a ground wire that may have come off. Sounds like everything else has been checked or changed.

shoota77
09/04/2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the help. Let you know what works!

Y33TREKker
09/04/2005, 02:10 PM
Just curious if you actually have power going to the related fuses at the fuse box. (15Amp Audio, 15 Amp Tail, Illum., 15 Amp Shift Light, ABS, Shift Lock). They all seem to be supplied by a feed wire from the ignition switch, so possibly your ignition switch isn't working properly?

This may not be the case if your power door locks, and power windows are still working properly though. Just trying to find a common factor to all the items you listed.

shoota77
09/04/2005, 03:47 PM
Interesting you mention the shift lock. Mine hasn't worked since I picked up the VX. I can shift freely with car on/off and foot off the brake. I didn't know it was a fuse. Thanks!