PDA

View Full Version : Stereo/reversing Camera

mad1230_10
09/13/2005, 03:41 AM
I Have A Vx In The Uk And I Have A Small Problem With The Stereo It Works But Intermitently The Reversing Camera Works Now And Again.any Info Would Be Usefull.We have been unable to find anyone to look into this.

ameetw
09/13/2005, 05:48 AM
Have a look at the camera on the back door. sometimes the cover gets stuck either won't open or close....., so all you see is black.

Ameet

Mantronix7
09/13/2005, 07:57 AM
My rear camera works fine but I was thinking of the possibility of having a switch made so that the camera can stay "on" without going into reverse gear mode. It would help during driving as the rear spare wheel arch is a problem.

I also ran into a Kenwood 2 DIN unit model DDX8037 that has an input for a rear camera and a 6.5" display. Was considering to replace the stock Clarion unit with the Kenwood if I hit the lottery.

ameetw
09/13/2005, 08:50 PM
"My rear camera works fine but I was thinking of the possibility of having a switch made so that the camera can stay "on" without going into reverse gear mode. It would help during driving as the rear spare wheel arch is a problem. "

There might be a way, I am currently working on it too. Only worried of the constant exposure of the camera. Look at dutchie's pics. he added an extra camera at the back of the car.

Ameet