PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger 0-60 times?

Syntek VX
10/03/2005, 09:37 AM
I was working on the VX this past weekend doing the 60k tune up stuff with my friend and I told him I was doing the exhaust with a custom Borla setup at a locla shop this week and I was almost ready (money wise) to drop on a supercharger. He asked me what times it would run once I had everything bolted on and I was like "Umm..... faster than it is now :) ".

I was wondering if anybody had any 0-60 times with a supercharger and exhaust maybe even a g-tech reading? I'm not to worried about 1/4 since i doubt i'll be using it as a track truck. I tried to search and couldn't really come up with anything definative. I was hoping maybe 7 seconds flat for 60 but that might be optimistic in a 4k lb PUV. My friend has a 03 grand cherokee with an exhaust and cai which my vx runs dead even with to 60 with a custom CAI on my VX and a nasty sounding leak in my intake gasket. He claims it's stock was 8.4 sec so maybe 8 flat to 7.9 0-60 with his mods. Is this about right? Anybody with a SC I'd love to hear from you. Thanks Guys and Gals.

Cyrk
10/03/2005, 10:42 AM
I have never done any 0-60 times... but with the SC your about 75HP more than stock.
I would guesstimate: 0-60: 7.4 to 7.6 and 1/4: 15.2 to 15.8

Dyno recap:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=57659&postcount=11

-Dave

Ldub
10/03/2005, 10:51 AM
Cyrk,
In your never ending quest for more power, have you looked into water/ methanol injection? There's a kit from Snow performance in the Summit catalog that I've been looking at, also google water/methanol injection & see what ya think.
Syntek, sorry about the hijack...I'll try to clock some 0-60's this week & get back to ya.
Ldub

Cyrk
10/03/2005, 11:13 AM
No I have not looked into... but my shop just told me about it... hummmm

MZ-N10
10/03/2005, 06:13 PM
Cyrk,
In your never ending quest for more power, have you looked into water/ methanol injection? There's a kit from Snow performance in the Summit catalog that I've been looking at, also google water/methanol injection & see what ya think.
Syntek, sorry about the hijack...I'll try to clock some 0-60's this week & get back to ya.
Ldub

isnt water injection to prevent predet?

evorent
10/03/2005, 07:33 PM
0-60' 6,3s, 13.1s - 1/4m
modif.supercharger alpine/smaller wheel/
motec m800 engine ECU
3'exhaust /home made :cool: /

2 x t35R soon :-)) ,but transmition............. hmmm :-) bum?

deton8r
10/03/2005, 07:41 PM
evorent - can you post more information or a link about the motec m800 engine ECU?

Thanks in advance

evorent
10/03/2005, 07:57 PM
evorent - can you post more information or a link about the motec m800 engine ECU?

Thanks in advance

http://www.motec.com/products/ecu/control.htm

always in stock :-)

MachineVX
10/04/2005, 04:45 AM
My 1/4 mile time came in at 15.0 at 89.3 mph.

0-60 was a 6.8

great traction and low end torque explain the quick 0-60, but motor lacks the high end horsepower and the aerodynamics leave something to be desired for the 1/4.

This was measured with a beltronics fx2 accelerometer.

ScottinMA
10/04/2005, 04:47 AM
Tone,

Does this make ya want to keep your VX? Now things are getting interesting. Imagine 60 in 6.3 sec in our truck!

Scott

Syntek VX
10/04/2005, 04:55 AM
I'm very interested in the M800 from what I've seen of it. How much did the M800 unit run you with install and tuning? Was your tuning done on a dyno or real time world tuning aka on the road or does it have the ability to adjust fuel and timing curves on it's own once you set a parameter? Also how much boost are you running with the smaller pully? It sounds like it could even give a NA VX a little kick even without a SC by alowing it to run more efficently and maybe even free up some extra fuel due to how rich we run with the stock ecu. Sorry for all the Q's but it seems to be a good product for our VX's.

Cyrk
10/04/2005, 05:15 AM
evorent... no way... I smell B.S.

Do you have a time slip or a dyno run you can show us?

Also what size pulley are you running with on the SC? The smallest one I know available is the 5psi one.
If you are running those times... please share with us what has worked for you in more detail.

I know that AlaskaVX (15.2) and jayfotos (15.6) have taken there VX's to the track and mustered up those times.

-Dave

MZ-N10
10/04/2005, 09:57 AM
didnt alaska and jayfotos both run on truck tires?

WormGod
10/04/2005, 10:08 AM
13.1???????

Ya, I gotta see a scan of a slip to believe that one. I used to run a gutted '70 Nova with a 350 small block putting out more hp than the VX could even store with the back seats rolled up and I was only getting high 12's.

I demand you to make me a believer, heh.

AlaskaVX
10/04/2005, 10:37 AM
ya I am raising the BS flag as well, I ran my 15.2 with stock tires at stock height, and I even took the seats out I believe. I was really trying to get under 15 sec so I could enter the big boy tourney.

evorent
10/04/2005, 03:03 PM
13.1???????

Ya, I gotta see a scan of a slip to believe that one. I used to run a gutted '70 Nova with a 350 small block putting out more hp than the VX could even store with the back seats rolled up and I was only getting high 12's.

I demand you to make me a believer, heh.

ok my ''friend'' i will send to you scan of slip

also some more info about our cars,company,projects,etc :-))
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=107156
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=117853

15 years in motorsport /rally,racing,dragracing/

next project:
- VX 2xt35
- VX ''SVT lightning'' 2wd

and one more thing :-)

car is fast as tuner is good :-)
regards

AlaskaVX
10/04/2005, 05:29 PM
That is one thing Alaska really needs is a good tuner, just not enough work.... yet.

Pleas answer the above post Q's.... I am real interested

How much did the M800 unit run you with install and tuning? Was your tuning done on a dyno or real time world tuning aka on the road or does it have the ability to adjust fuel and timing curves on it's own once you set a parameter? Also how much boost are you running with the smaller pully?

evorent
10/04/2005, 05:57 PM
That is one thing Alaska really needs is a good tuner, just not enough work.... yet.

Pleas answer the above post Q's.... I am real interested

for all VX you can used motec m48 PRO /1500$/ + home made loom 120$
boost on small wheel is 11psi /std.comp.ratio/
we make mapping only on road test !!! dyno is good for final check:-).

motec m800:

ignition map
fuel map
injectors timing
boost map
you can also change max rpm limit and more....more......more

Raque Thomas
10/04/2005, 07:26 PM
Do I dare say it....VX King????????

WyrreJ
10/04/2005, 09:26 PM
At 11psi, that's gotta be way too much torque.

Cyrk
10/05/2005, 04:49 AM
You still posted nothing really about the VX... just 2 links to evo boards. Please let's see some photos, dyno scans and timeslips and a bit better info than the rap sheet of parts you listed.

WormGod
10/05/2005, 08:18 AM
ok my ''friend'' i will send to you scan of slip

also some more info about our cars,company,projects,etc :-))
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=107156
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=117853

15 years in motorsport /rally,racing,dragracing/

next project:
- VX 2xt35
- VX ''SVT lightning'' 2wd

and one more thing :-)

car is fast as tuner is good :-)
regards

Why the "friend"? Aw, no need to emphasise my doubt. I am simply asking for proof on what is "theoretically" impossible without heavy modification. Play nice now. ;)

mbeach
10/05/2005, 08:55 AM
Crankwalker,
SHOW ME THE VX STUFF!

MZ-N10
10/05/2005, 09:23 AM
out trannies are rated at 250~300hp....something like tat...
at 5psi we doing 220 at the wheel.....so tats atleast 280 at the crank...

so at 11psi how much power is tat?

Raque Thomas
10/05/2005, 09:51 AM
Wow Evorent, I just noticed your post on the "Who are you and what else do you own" thread:

VX 99' silver supercharged
VX 99' silver
VX 00' gray
VX 01' yelow
VX 01' white
02' F150 svt
evo 8
88' ford rs 200

Tell us about the mods on the other 4 VX's - looks like you're partial to silvers - everyone knows black is the fastest color :winkg: . You need to get a black one and do all those mods to it!

MachineVX
10/05/2005, 10:02 AM
Do you guys have a shop? I'm totally looking for a tuner that has exp with a VX

AlaskaVX
10/05/2005, 12:16 PM
Do I dare say it....VX King????????
LMAO!!! I almost posted that :laughr:

evorent
10/05/2005, 04:22 PM
Wow Evorent, I just noticed your post on the "Who are you and what else do you own" thread:

VX 99' silver supercharged
VX 99' silver
VX 00' gray
VX 01' yelow
VX 01' white
02' F150 svt
evo 8
88' ford rs 200

Tell us about the mods on the other 4 VX's - looks like you're partial to silvers - everyone knows black is the fastest color :winkg: . You need to get a black one and do all those mods to it!

ooo boys :-((( i think its not good forum for me . see you on the road.
we will see :)

AlaskaVX
10/05/2005, 05:13 PM
evorent, all ya need to do is post a pic of your engine compartment with super tiny pulley and no one can say any more. Then you will be THE MAN!

evorent
10/05/2005, 05:50 PM
evorent, all ya need to do is post a pic of your engine compartment with super tiny pulley and no one can say any more. Then you will be THE MAN!
how to add. photos ??

MZ-N10
10/05/2005, 06:58 PM
to upload

"gallery/gallerylinks/upload photo(browse button)"

to link pictures, add

"URL of photo"

Raque Thomas
10/05/2005, 08:04 PM
ooo boys :-((( i think its not good forum for me . see you on the road.
we will see :)

Evorent - if you notice in the upper right of my post - my VX is black, hence the comment about black being the fastest with the wink behind it. The comment about silver was because 3 of your five VX's (that's got to be a record!) are silver; and the comment about mods on the other VX's, seems logical that they would not be stock, given what you have done to the '99 silver and your evo....so where's the rub? Lighten up man and send some pics and dyno's so we can drool and send some business your way. It sounds like you sell this stuff - best way to do some business is to "show us the money" we're a skeptical bunch!

Cyrk
10/06/2005, 07:11 AM
evorent - posted pic. Nice VXs but still nothing about this 6.3 0-60 and 14 mile@ 13.1

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/07_1_b.jpg

WormGod
10/06/2005, 07:17 AM
And do me a favor evorent.... stop hogging up all the VXs!!! ;)

I found a '01 Foxfire not too far from me locally for sale. The guy is asking $5500. 69k miles, mild body damage. I am gonna try to take a closer look this weekend. Perhaps my "garage project VX"?

evorent
10/06/2005, 10:57 AM
evorent - posted pic. Nice VXs but still nothing about this 6.3 0-60 and 14 mile@ 13.1

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/07_1_b.jpg

i find something for you :mad:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6668

any more QUESTION ????

Raque Thomas
10/06/2005, 11:04 AM
any more QUESTION ????

You still posted nothing really about the VX... just 2 links to evo boards. Please let's see some photos, dyno scans and timeslips and a bit better info than the rap sheet of parts you listed.

Just the original ones that never got answered............

Cyrk
10/06/2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks... I am sorry but I am still skeptical, but please share the wealth.
So what are the parts you are running to make this happen?

So how is the transmission holding up with that much boost?

How much boost are you running?

Can we buy the pulley from you?

Have you done anything the the transmission or the internals of the motor?

What was modify to your SC and where did you get the new pulley to run at 11psi?

A motec m800 engine ECU?

And a 3' exhaust?

Is that it? Please let us know as I would LOVE to be running a 13.1 1/4.

Triathlete
10/06/2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/518/28azvxmeet_2002_b.jpg
Hey I have 6 just rotting away out here in the Arizona desert! :bwgy: ;Dy; :laughy:

evorent
10/06/2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks... I am sorry but I am still skeptical, but please share the wealth.
So what are the parts you are running to make this happen?

So how is the transmission holding up with that much boost?

How much boost are you running?

Can we buy the pulley from you?

Have you done anything the the transmission or the internals of the motor?

What was modify to your SC and where did you get the new pulley to run at 11psi?

A motec m800 engine ECU?

And a 3' exhaust?

Is that it? Please let us know as I would LOVE to be running a 13.1 1/4.

short info:
we make this car for our Russian customer
list of mod:
-je pistons
-hks 1000 injectors
-3 bar mapsensor
-denso air temp. sensor
-alpine S/c + smaller wheel /home made 1o-11psi/
-K@N filter + carbon air box
-motec m800/full mapping/
-3' home made exhaust
-no catalic converter

i will add some more photos soon :-)

Cyrk
10/06/2005, 12:14 PM
Can we purchase any of these parts from you?

mbeach
10/06/2005, 01:34 PM
Horsepower calculator found here (DSM site -you should know this one Dominik):
http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

States that his VX should be putting down somewhere in the neighborhood of 310-360 whp.
;wtf;

Cyrk
10/06/2005, 02:18 PM
Just got off the phone with evorent (Dominik) thanks for talking to me... Great guy seems very knowablege... now I just need to drive to Milwaukee to get my ecu tuning done from him.

Sound legit. Keep us posted... I believe that the VX is now capable of those times. Someday mine will be as fast. Also you have built the fastest VX I know of!

evorent
10/06/2005, 03:42 PM
And do me a favor evorent.... stop hogging up all the VXs!!! ;)

I found a '01 Foxfire not too far from me locally for sale. The guy is asking $5500. 69k miles, mild body damage. I am gonna try to take a closer look this weekend. Perhaps my "garage project VX"?

WormGod check pm !!

technocoy
10/06/2005, 05:19 PM
if true, this is pretty impressive..

evorent, if you are doing this on so many cars, i SERIOUSLY think you need to come up with a package quote for doing this work for us board members. i know there are people here who would pay for that kind of HP in a heartbeat...

keep us posted and please post more info and photos...

technocoy

Raque Thomas
10/06/2005, 08:16 PM
MOST people questioned you
EVERYBODY doubted you (at least a little)
VERY FEW wanted to confront you
SOME people believed in you
EVERYBODY wanted to believe in you
ALL of us want back up
EVERY VX owner wants to go as fast as you say your VX can go
SOME VX owners would be willing to fork up the cash to accomplish this
OPPORTUNITY knocks (for profits) if the results are legit
BALL'S in your court

MachineVX
10/07/2005, 04:03 AM
I'm definitely interested in running more boost. I live in Chitown and could easily get up to Milwaukee!!

Syntek VX
10/07/2005, 04:52 AM
Hey Evoret, what have you done to beef up the drive line? I'm assuming you added a transmission fluid cooler. Have you identified any weak links? By the look of the 0-60 vs 1/4 it seems we are still a bit of a dog of the line even with 300+ WHP does the torque suffer abit in the low RPMs? Nice reaction time though. Cheers.

WormGod
10/07/2005, 07:38 AM
MOST people questioned you
EVERYBODY doubted you (at least a little)
VERY FEW wanted to confront you
SOME people believed in you
EVERYBODY wanted to believe in you
ALL of us want back up
EVERY VX owner wants to go as fast as you say your VX can go
SOME VX owners would be willing to fork up the cash to accomplish this
OPPORTUNITY knocks (for profits) if the results are legit
BALL'S in your court

Hahahahahaha.... why did I imagine Regis Filbin saying that?

Very true though. Good opportunity to make a few bucks.

mbeach
10/07/2005, 08:59 AM
If you scour the net (or simply Google "evorent") you'll see that this guy pops up on many forums, both stateside and in Europe. I don't think that his screen name is coincidental, it seems to be the same person. I've seen (mostly) good reviews of his (company's) work/seller ratings.
I've even noticed him popping up on a WRX board or two (one of which I was a member of).

He posts some great photos of custom work/tuning, people ask a ton of questions, and then he dissappears. He's done nothing wrong, but has shown little proof of his own abilities as far as I can tell.

Evorent,
If you can do what you say you can, prove it. No bogus timeslip, photos of race cars, or unsubstantiated talk.
If you can provide us with either:
A proper and complete dyno chart,
Penny pics (you know what I mean) of your engine bay,
or a real side-by-side timeslip from an actual dragway,
I will bow down to you as the VX King.

VX owners have been stood up from day one. Visions of CF hoods, turbo kits, 10 psi Superchargers and custom ECUs have been dangled in front of the community for as long as it's existed.
The response has always been the same, if you provide it, we'll buy it -just ask guys like Ron and Tone. Heck, I'm on the phone with Merlin every other day it seems.

Here's my proposition:
I have a spare VX and a good job. I'd like an intercooled supercharger kit with EM. If you build it, I will buy it.

Raque Thomas
10/10/2005, 08:33 PM
Hey, anybody else notice Evorent's picture post of his track results?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6668

Wonder why he didn't point it out ? :wtfo:

johnnyapollo
10/10/2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but what vehicle is that from? It could be from anything.

-- John

evorent
10/10/2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, but what vehicle is that from? It could be from anything.

-- John

from 2004 chevi malibu CLASIC !!!! :mad:

Daver
10/12/2005, 07:57 PM
360 whp is what, 450 at the crank? Sounds about right for what you'd need to make a 4000lb brick do 13.1.

You're having a good day to get that in my car, which is 333hp at the crank and 600lbs lighter than the VX.

-Daver