PDA

View Full Version : So Sad!!!

Artist4Sale
10/24/2005, 05:36 PM
:( The time has come...and I am SOOOO upset about it! We had a baby....and we can't fit everything into the VehiCross!!! WHAAAHHHHHHH!!! Not to mention 2 step kids that visit...couldn't have us all in there! Going to look next week for a replacement vehicle...WHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Finally get my dream vehicle now I have to trade it in!! I am seriously having trouble with this!! MAN!!!!!!! :( It's not fair!!!

Stacey

Ldub
10/24/2005, 05:41 PM
Ummmm...roof rack
baby seat
tiny little goggles??????
Seriously, that sucks, sorry to hear of your "blessing". :(

kpaske
10/24/2005, 06:32 PM
I've got a 15 month old son now, and although I considered selling my VX, we've managed to adapt. The infant carrier is pretty difficult to get in through the side doors, so we kept one seat folded down and put it in through the rear door. Now that he's in a regular forward-facing seat, it's not too bad getting him in and out the usual way. Another option (that we are still planning to implement) is Tone's seat extenders to slide the passenger seat up a few inches further. When #2 comes along, we'll put our first son behind the driver (me! ;)) and put the infant seat in through the passenger door. I've found most strollers fit in the back behind the seats, but they don't leave room for a whole lot more. Now if you're trying to deal with more than 2 kids in car seats or boosters, it may be time to trade in the VX for a mini-van. ;Db;

Joe_Black
10/24/2005, 06:41 PM
Dude! Don't forget the custom 3rd-row seat option! That's seating for 6 in a pinch.

WyrreJ
10/24/2005, 07:06 PM
Or you could permanently mount a baby-seat (or two) to the rear door, just swing it open, strap in the kids and swing it shut. Easiest child-loading process of any vehicle on the market!

Joe_Black
10/24/2005, 08:20 PM
Or you could permanently mount a baby-seat (or two) to the rear door, just swing it open, strap in the kids and swing it shut. Easiest child-loading process of any vehicle on the market!
Now that's a cool idea! What kid wouldn't like the swing-out action! ;)

kpaske
10/24/2005, 10:08 PM
But what would I do with my monster subs? The rythmic thumping puts the boy to sleep every time! ;Db;

Beavertractors
10/26/2005, 02:34 AM
:rolleyes: Hey can you keep your VX as a 2nd car? If you can afford the kids you should be able to afford two cars :p Ever think about a second job?? :p Tony B

Cyrk
10/26/2005, 05:32 AM
kpaske I added the seat extender and it has been working great. I added it when my son was 4 so he was already crawling in and out on his own... my wife is preggers and due in Jan, but with the seat extender I am hoping that it will not be a problem.

A photo of it in action:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/39seat.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39seat.jpg)

Artist4Sale
10/30/2005, 05:56 PM
Well we are a military family, so we drive home to PA alot and with luggage and all the baby stuff and the baby and the baby seat....well not working. I have 2 step boys that come to visit, we couldn't go anywhere together right now! Trust me I looked at every angle of this! UGH! We are looking tomorrow....and NO not a mini van! Looking at the new Jeep Commander....we shall see! SOOOOOOO SAD!!

Stacey

Artist4Sale
11/09/2005, 06:09 AM
My baby is gone!!! We went to look at the Jeep Commander, and next thing ya know I am signing papers...didn't even get a proper good-bye!!! WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :( I am SO going to miss my VX!

Stacey