PDA

View Full Version : LED crazy problem, please help

LittleBeast
11/11/2005, 10:25 AM
While the accessory lights are on no problems at all. However when driving without the lights on two CRAZY things happen, any help would be much appreciated.

#1 When I hit the brakes and the brake lights are illumintaed the A/C control lights (just the little factory LED's that tell you if it is def, dash, etc. not the illumintaion lights) dim to the level as if the acessory lights were on!

#2 When I put the blinkers on ALL the accessory lights blink with the blinkers, this includes all lights that come on with accessories, including license plate bulbs and ALL four side markers!

Once again this only happens when the VX's lights are off, when they are on everything is perfect. The possible causes to each problem I can think of are below:
#1 -Changed brake lights to Tower LED's just like Moncha, I do not think he put resistors in the brake lights only the blinkers right?
#2 -Changed SIDE MARKERS to LED's (yet even when I put the old bulbs back in it still does this).
#2 -I previously did Moncha's side marker to blinker conversion, and it worked great with bulbs or LED's in side markers, but now I have added quite a few LED's to the illumination circuit in the dash and A/C unit and all other buttons.
#2 -Note: when one SIDE (left or right) only has one bulb (or LED doesn't matter which) then the accessories do not blink as brightly. Also crazy blinking is greatest when motor is running.

I am stumped, I guess I will undo the Moncha blinker mod until I figure out how to do it with all my accessory bulbs now LED's (for crazy blinking #2) and (as for #1) do I need to add something to the brake/driving LED's? Thanks for any help in advance.
In Christ,
Ryan H

Moncha
11/11/2005, 10:23 PM
Doesn't sound like you have a problem with the flashing mod..
Answer to the second #1, only need the resistors for the turn signal circuit.

The LEDs have an anode and diode (+ & - if you will). The 1156 and 1157 replacements are indexed just like the original bulbs but the smaller lamps are not.. you may have one or more reversed. I'd put all the bulbs save for the 1156,1157 back in and then one by one put in the LEDs till they are all correct.

LittleBeast
11/12/2005, 06:23 PM
LED's will not work if they are in backwards correct? I don't think I have put any LED's in that have not been working I have checked as I have been going along. So you are saying there is possibly a LED put in the wrong way in the accessory circuit, or which circuit? Thanks again.
In Christ,
Ryan H