PDA

View Full Version : security/alarm issues

interjake
12/17/2005, 06:52 PM
My alarm stopped working. The red LED on the dash stays on continously and my remote(s)/fob(s) won't lock/unlock the doors now.

Any ideas or help? The dealer suggests that there is a short somewhere and want $90 + to trace it....

Many thanks!

maxw
12/17/2005, 07:13 PM
Is this not typical of valet mode? I believe you can reset it by the switch below the hood pull, and by the remote. I just can't recall the combination of presses.
Max.

Anita
12/17/2005, 07:40 PM
Try resetting it -

The alarm manual that comes with the VX only shows how to program the alarm with respect to options. If the remote is no longer recognized by the alarm, it will need to be ’taught’. Depress and hold the green “learn“ button (the only one) located on the bottom of the black alarm box, leftmost box of the brake pedal on the firewall. Then press the lock/unlock button on the remote(s). The Option button can be programmed to do the same thing by pressing it next if you wish.

The remotes/alarm should NOT lose programming when changing batteries or if the car battery is swapped.

( From a post by Tone)

interjake
12/18/2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks Anita (& Tone)! I'll try it. Wondering how this happened in the first place!?!

interjake
12/18/2005, 11:22 AM
One question though... does this also explain why the LED on the dash stays on constantly? I'll try resetting it later today....

VCrossfan
12/18/2005, 11:49 AM
Try disconnecting the vehicles Battery for a few minutes first.

interjake
12/18/2005, 12:06 PM
No luck. Tried resetting it & remotes still don't work & light on dash stays solid red....

Any other ideas (or am I doing something wrong)??

Thanks!

maxw
12/19/2005, 10:04 AM
LED light on dash will remain solid until you reset the device.
Dealer should be able to do it for you. Takes all of 30 secs when done properly. I am sure this is "valet" mode.
Max.