PDA

View Full Version : Need reverse/back-up lights brighter

Ruflyf
12/29/2005, 05:04 PM
Has anyone done a mod or have any bulb ideas? I have for the most part gotten use to the limited vis and it really doesnt even phase me anymore except at night when I am backing up. Partially due to my windows also being tinted, I am in great need of brighter reverse lights or something that will do the same thing. Any ideas?

ameetw
12/29/2005, 07:30 PM
Why not fix a reverse spotlight? Just wire it in-line to the reverse lights. Of course use a relay so that you don't short out anything.
Those flat PIAA are quite nice.

VCrossfan
12/29/2005, 07:53 PM
I thought about installing a couple 2" lights in place of the reflectors in the rear bumper for backup lights...

Ldub
12/29/2005, 09:36 PM
There are halogen bulbs available that help somewhat. I got mine locally at a shop that does detailing etc.
I'll bet if you scout around a few sites (JC Whitney, Summit racing, Hella, Piia, etc.) you'll find something.

Ldub

Ruflyf
02/06/2006, 09:00 AM
UPDATE:

I did swap the bulbs out with 35w halogens and it did help alot, if the windows werent tinted I'd even say it would be fine. However since they are tinted I think I will try putting some fog lights or something in the back where the circle reflectors are and wire them to my reverse lights. Has anyone done this, or have any good suggestions on a brand of light that may fit well before I go to experimenting?