PDA

View Full Version : Window Motor....

Thejerseyfish
01/13/2006, 08:24 PM
My driver side window motor bought it about a year ago now. Tried to take the passenger side one and put into the driver but thery are reversed of course. So now I have left the motor out so that the window can put up and down by hand. It sucks yes. I have finnaly gotten around to wanting to replace the motor and fix the DAMN WINDOWS once and for all. My question is does anyone know where to get the motor online if possible and how much it will cost. I have not yet hit up the the dealership but god only knows what the cost will be there.

The other main reason for this is that NJ inspection law requires that the window work, GREAT, so they failed me, and now I've had a bum inspection sticker for about a year, not good, big ticket.

I've looked around for a post pertaining to the motor but have not found one, only a fix for the bind problems.

Any help?

Thanks.
Randon

Triathlete
01/13/2006, 08:29 PM
There are few people on here parting out wrecked VX's. Mght want to try them.

Triathlete
01/13/2006, 08:30 PM
By the way, why do they care if your window go up and down or not. Seems kind of stupid.

Thejerseyfish
01/14/2006, 07:23 AM
No idea why they care about that, I guess maybe for emergency purposes, but I explained to them that it does go down, you just need to pull it up. Didn't matter though. I even went to another one and left the window down this time. That didn't work either. Bah.

Anyone have any names of people who are parting with VX wrecks?

alleycat
01/14/2006, 12:59 PM
I just had motor and window mechanism changed in my passenger door 3 weeks ago & cost, with labor, was 350 dollars. Two days later it went up & down in slow motion until I used silicone lube suggested on Vehicross Info.