PDA

View Full Version : Torsion bar adjustment

sarge202us2003
02/28/2006, 03:46 PM
:confused: I want to raise the front end, how do I adjust the torsion bar, da!,help much appreciated, I'm putting on tires, 32/11.5/15. thanks! :confused:

Ldub
02/28/2006, 03:58 PM
Do a site search "torsion bar adjust" & you'll find a veritable cornucopia of things you want to know. ;)

Ldub

AlaskaVX
02/28/2006, 04:08 PM
All you have to do is put a socket on the lower mounting bolt of the torsion bar with a descent breaker bar and start cranking, attempt to do both sides the same amount. I counted the threads with my fingernail and am within a thread left to right. Be ready for a small workout or have another person ready to jump in when needed.

SPAZZ
02/28/2006, 05:13 PM
1)easier to put VX on stands where whole front end is lifted to relieve pressure
2) Get a hammer and a punch to mark location of beginning turn.
3) each full turn is like 1/8" to 1/4" I can not remember
3) once you figure how much lift you need lower and bounce it around from side to side and up and down to allow Tbars to adjust
4) Reapeat step 3 if needed
once you lift it
1) Remove wheel undo lower(smaller around) clamp from inner Cv boots and push them up over the groove where they were suposed to set in to alleviate stretching and tearing from lifting.
2) replace clamp with very strong Flex cuff

climbcovey
02/28/2006, 05:59 PM
Hey Spazz, you've got a nice suspension setup on your vx. I would like to do something similar. What mods were necessary to accommodate your larger shoes. send me an email if you don't mind dicussing it.

SPAZZ
02/28/2006, 08:39 PM
well if you read my previous post all you need other than that is Calmini 3" lift rear coil springs and Doetsc tech 9163 (or one more inch of travel) dual reservoir nitrogen rebulidable shocks for the rear in EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA firms
and then a good alignment.

serious...not hard nor difficult...keep the stock front shocks

oh yeah..and ALOT of cutting, grinding, banging, and remounting of stuff farther up and away.
and you will want the front and rear bump stop extensions too...
read my profile for hints of what I have...I'm removing all that IFS crap in favor of the SOA SAS Dana 44 High steer so I can't remember what is exactly on my profile or what has been removed.

Triathlete
03/01/2006, 09:29 PM
Sarge, you will need more than just adjusting the torsion bars to fit those 32's. :smack: