PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

climbcovey
03/05/2006, 10:26 AM
Ok, Its been 2 1/2 months since my vx went to the "hospital" after a rather nasty altrication with bambi. They are ready to give her back to me except one small problem. I need an ambient air sensor!! it has been on order since the end of december. it is a small sensor located on the top front of the radiator it has a pigtail and plugs into a wiring harness. Does anyone have one? I'm tired of waiting and anxious to have my beloved VX back. I think the shop want to keep her for advertising. I went to check on their work and found a crowd of about seven other "patrons" with their faces pressed against my windows and/or circling the VX like vultures. My heart swelled with pride.... Then.... with building intensity..... ANGER! These wannabe VX owners were oogling my VX, touching her, enjoying her... and I her owner, Can' t even take her home!!! Sorry, got a little emotional there. I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Anyway, I now turn to you the only group that can truly help me. I need a sensor!!!! By the way, it is unique to the vx and does not cross reference with any other models according to the shop..

Ruflyf
03/05/2006, 12:15 PM
I dont know if its unique or not, but I do know there are several peeps parting out vx's atm, and I am sure thats not a high demand part.

Maugan_VX
03/05/2006, 02:30 PM
also check and see if its a shared component with the trooper. I know the shop said its not a common part, but I'd check yourself just to be sure. Like you said, they could be keeping it around for advertising. They probably had it parked out front for a while when it was demolished, then they like to keep it out front after they fix it to show people the difference.

Anita
03/05/2006, 03:44 PM
If it is not a shared component (hope it is), you could try salvage yards like www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com

climbcovey
03/06/2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the input, I put in an inquiry at the online salvage place Anita suggested. still waiting on repy. Anyone parting out a VX If your reading this please send me a message!!!!! Thanks again. I'm glad to be a part of such a special family...

Triathlete
03/06/2006, 07:19 AM
E mail OCWILEY. He is parting out his, gave a very reasonable price, and got my parts out in a timely manner.

climbcovey
03/07/2006, 06:10 PM
ocweily is all parted out. Know of anyone else??? also allhyundaiisuzuparts.com was a no go. they didn't have one. I'm striking out all over....

whtzmbi
03/08/2006, 11:02 AM
if it's an mass air flow sensor they have them at carjunky.com for $219.20.....you might go online and check out that part and see if it looks like the part you need :p good luck getting your baby back !!!

climbcovey
03/08/2006, 08:25 PM
nope, its an ambient air sensor. used by the a/c to help with interior climate control. measures outside air and regulates amount of "cooling" needed and adjust accordingly. im unsure but it may only be needed when a/c is in full auto mode.