PDA

View Full Version : Squeak, Squeak I tell you...

WyldWeasel
04/07/2006, 10:52 PM
Anybody have any fixes for a squeak in the back door when you go over bumps? Other than cranking up the radio, of course. :cool:

Moncha
04/08/2006, 07:15 AM
Are you sure it's the back door? You can adjust the little "V" wedge that is on the sill side of the door jamb. I had a rattle and adjusted the wedge to tighten up the latch.

Now, there is another problem with squeaks. It's been well documented but, what may sound like a squeak coming from the rear, actually is coming from the little square rubber pads that line the sides of the front fender under the hood.

So, first, before adjusting the wedge, use a good silicone lube and hit the little pads on the front fenders and see if that gets rid of the problem then go from there.

Ldub
04/08/2006, 07:31 AM
Are you sure it's the back door? You can adjust the little "V" wedge that is on the sill side of the door jamb. I had a rattle and adjusted the wedge to tighten up the latch.

Now, there is another problem with squeaks. It's been well documented but, what may sound like a squeak coming from the rear, actually is coming from the little square rubber pads that line the sides of the front fender under the hood.

So, first, before adjusting the wedge, use a good silicone lube and hit the little pads on the front fenders and see if that gets rid of the problem then go from there.

Yeah...what Scott say...also, on mine I found the hood hinges & the latch were also squeaky culprits.
Silicone the hinges & clean the latch of all old grease/dirt & lube w/ some fresh grease.

mbeach
04/08/2006, 04:59 PM
IN case of a rear door rattle, I've found that if you remove (or even turn) any of the bolts that hold the rear "bits" (the "v" or the latch parts) to the door, make sure that you LocTite them before putting them back into place. They will slowly wander and your rattle/squeak will return if not. Also, only remove 1 bolt at a time. You will only make this mistake once -there is a backing plate that will fall down inside of the door or quarter panel if the entire assembly is removed at once.

WyldWeasel
04/08/2006, 10:35 PM
I've got some crunched up metal in the hood, I'll wait until that's replaced to troubleshoot, in case it is indeed the hood. Fed Ex is gonna love delivering those big boxes I ordered from St. Charles Isuzu. Cheaper than my auto body guy was going to charge me, too. :p