PDA

View Full Version : I love my VX, and here's why...

goffaramma
04/10/2006, 01:10 PM
I know it's been done to death, because we all love out VXs, but I had to say that I just love this car. Today I was walking to my Vehicross to go see a client, and it was sitting there in the parking lot between a big pickup truck and an Expedition, and it just looked SO bada$$. The thing is so unique, unless it was sitting between a Lamborghini and a Lotus Elise, it would always be the car I'd want to get into. Nothing looks as cool or different than the VX.

That's it. I just had to say that to people who get it... many of my friends just don't get it. My girlfriend does, but I think she's just being nice... she's way too practical. But I don't care, I love my VX.
Dave

Heraclid
04/10/2006, 03:21 PM
The cool thing there is that if it really were sitting between a Lotus and a Lamborghini, it is probable that while few of those cars are seen, they are much more recognizable. More people have seen one of those either in person or in print or on TV than have ever laid eyes on a VX. They'd think the Lotus and Lambo were pretty cool, but they'd go back to the VX because of the what-the-heck-is-that-thing factor.

goffaramma
04/10/2006, 07:55 PM
Very True, Heraclid.

And by the way, I went to eat with my girlfriend tonight and after parking the VX, an older gentleman walked by as we were getting out and said "I like that thing. It's unique!". No lie, the guy said exactly that. I smiled and thanked him, and my girlfriend was kinda laughing at me. "You love that", she said. I do.

Maugan_VX
04/11/2006, 06:37 AM
My girlfriend HATES my VX. She thinks its "cute" and all, but she can't stand the stiff ride. This forces me to have to drive her boring accord on any road trips.

WyldWeasel
04/11/2006, 04:25 PM
Get a new girlfriend. :p

Heraclid
04/11/2006, 04:50 PM
I can't stand that floating on air sort of feeling of some vehicles. I much prefer some road feel and feedback. Some people do not realize that a stiff ride is not necessarily a bad thing and there are benefits that go with it. Sport suspensions are stiff. But yeah, my wife and mother have complained about the ride in the VX too. I have the 9-way adjustable Ranchos, but they spend just about all of their time set on 8.

WyldWeasel
04/11/2006, 09:04 PM
My mom and grandma love those floaty suspensions. I hate them more than I hate canned corned beef hash and the color purple (the actual color, not the movie. I haven't seen the movie, actually) . What's the point of driving if you can't feel the road? Gimme something like the VX any day. It rawks!

goffaramma
04/12/2006, 07:36 AM
I love the ride of the VX too. Whenever I drive my girlfriend's Jeep Liberty (which I used to think drove like a truck), it feels like I'm driving a hovercraft, which some love I'm sure, but it's not my favorite. I was riding with my buddy in his BMW 325 the other day and I felt like we were inside the road. So low and smooth. But nothing will replace my VX. I've gotten used to the rough ride, and I love it.

Maugan_VX
04/12/2006, 10:18 AM
unfortunately I can't replace the girlfriend. The financing just got approved on some hardware that belongs to her in the near future :-/

goffaramma
04/12/2006, 12:36 PM
unfortunately I can't replace the girlfriend. The financing just got approved on some hardware that belongs to her in the near future :-/

Are you putting a rock on her finger? Way to go man!

WyldWeasel
04/19/2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah congrats if that's the case. Tho I personally have issues with diamonds as symbols of fidelity, considering the long and sordid history of De Beers & it's various subsidiaries. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Back on track, I have got to say that the VX has caused me to get more vehicular attention from the neighbors in the last three weeks since I bought it than I've gotten in the fifteen years since I ran my vintage roadracing modified Bultaco Mercurio up and down the street to check jetting early on a Sunday morning. And the VX attention is WAY more positive than that other, unpleasant cursing out of that loud, smoking whathehellisthat and why is it so loud?

Ldub
04/20/2006, 03:57 AM
Part of why I Love mine so much is this forum & the unexpected "ties" that present themselves...CEMOTO bro !

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/blusang.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/blusang.jpg)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/cemoto.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/cemoto.jpg)
Ldub

E-ZooZoo One
04/20/2006, 08:58 AM
Another ‘head-turning’ report…

We have a neighbor across the street – a tall redhead that is rather pleasing to the eyes (even Kathy would have to concede that point) – who apparently has a certain appreciation for automotive styling and performance, since she bought herself a late`80s BMW M3 a while back…

Anyway, this morning, while I was backing the VehiCROSS out to allow Miss Kathy to drive her Capri XR2 today – an authoritative rasp was coming from the exhaust as I backed up the hill in front of our house – and our shapely neighbor was standing at the opposite curb, setting out her garbage…

While I’m quite sure that she has already noticed the VX sitting in our driveway, apparently this was the first time that she’s had an opportunity to get a really good look at it. --- She smiled and waved, and then kept looking over her shoulder, again and again, as she walked back toward her house.

In this respect, each in our own way, I suppose we were both enjoying the view :laughy:

I could have very easily coasted back into the driveway after Kathy was on her way, but for some reason I simply couldn’t resist the urge to blip the throttle just a bit; hooking it back into the driveway with a fair amount of gusto… ‘Vrrroom!’ :bwgy:

Velvis
04/20/2006, 08:56 PM
I've trained my kids from an early age (since my first '99) now 9 and 11 that the VX can do no wrong, and that the VX is invincible. On several occasions we have passed weird wreckage or bad stuckedness where the kids have said, "should have had a VehiCross..." I guess I have a lot of driver training to do...