PDA

View Full Version : OC (CA) Service Recommendations?

AdiosRich
04/21/2006, 01:02 AM
Hello everyone,
I just picked up a 2001 and need the 60,000 mile service done. Does anyone have any good service recomendations? I'm going to go to the dealer in Santa Ana, but that can be hit-or-miss.

Thank you,
AdiosRich

Anita
04/21/2006, 11:54 AM
Depending on how ameanable you are to 'going farther' you cant go wrong with the Isuzu dealership in Monrovia. I sound like a broken record on this subject but they have always done good work. Many of us here on the forum take our VX's to them.

If you do decide to inquire there, ask for service rep Dino - And deal only with him. Take your truck when Dino and the Isuzu mechanic, Mike is there.

Yes, it is a dealership so you will pay more. But I think its important since you just got your VX that it should be looked over by wise eyes.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

WyldWeasel
04/21/2006, 09:31 PM
Good to know that somebody in Monrovia knows about VX's. Hunny and I stopped in there during our search to buy a VX and the salesman who was on duty at the time had no clue what we were talking about.

Anita
04/21/2006, 09:55 PM
yea..

I remember when we had a VX meet several years ago hosted by the service department at the Monrovia dealership . They loved our vehicles. One of our group was looking to trade in her Astral 99 for a 2001. A salesmen swore he could get her a blue VX. We all laughed and tried to educate the guy but he wouldnt listen. Leave it to say that he never found a US import blue VX. She ended up getting a foxfire.

rickshaw
04/21/2006, 11:34 PM
Just this morning I had my 01 Vehicross in for service at Santa Ana Isuzu. They did okay, I had no complants.

But some members have had some problems with them.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1554&highlight=santa+ana

Hey Anita, its about time we have another So Cal meet.

rickshaw
01 Dragon #467

Anita
04/22/2006, 09:37 AM
Hey Anita, its about time we have another So Cal meet.

rickshaw
01 Dragon #467

I agree. There seem to be a lot of new VX owners in So Cali, Ventura and north cali as well as the old faithful. It would be nice to plan something really special like we've done in the past.

Note: Any of you Isuzu Japan execs reading this post: We would really, really like to see the prototypes at the Cerritos building one more time... :sighr: Kenny and Chief, are you out there?

Ironman pilot
04/22/2006, 11:28 AM
Owned my Vx since Dec of 05 and still had some warranty left. I had some drivetrain noises and the people in Corona said it was normal. I could not believe them so I drove to Douglas. The 3 Isuzu techs there are from old school and love the "real" Isuzu's. They spent alot of time on my Vx and figured out the problem. The new owner of the dealer is a Vx fan and always looks at the Vx's that come in. He personally looked me up and introduced himself. (Steve) He is always available! I highly recommend Douglas and my Vx will never go anywhere else... If you do take your car there, ask for Nicki and be sure to look up Steve.

Fyi = drivetrain noise was caused by bad front dif AND rear dif, both replaced. I figured about $8000 worth of warranty!

WyldWeasel
04/22/2006, 01:56 PM
Sign me up for a SoCal meet, so long as it's not during 'ZuZoo. And not between May 2 and May 7 since I'll be driving cross country then.

AdiosRich
05/03/2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the input folks. I took my newly-purchased VX to Douglas in Santa Ana and got it back yesterday. It runs great now and they found a few other things that needed to be done. Anita, thanks for the Monrovia recommendation, but I wanted to give the local boys first crack.

Mark B
05/04/2006, 02:12 PM
I am looking for a good Isuzu dealer in the Tampa Bay area in Florida to service my vx. Anyone know one?

rowhard
05/04/2006, 08:02 PM
How about the Pacific Northwest, any really good service centers Seattle and South of there?