PDA

View Full Version : paint match

etlsport
04/29/2006, 11:33 AM
hey all... im lookin to paint my windshield wiper arms to match the rest of the VX after reading WormGods how to.. so i went up to the store to find some paint.. couldnt really find a good match.. has anyone found a good match for Kaiser Silver (code 878)? i thought about ordering from isuzu but I really want spray on color to make sure i get a nice even coat on them... any suggestions appreciated (or if someone has an even better idea for a color to use.. the color changing stuff maybe?)

Moncha
04/29/2006, 11:59 AM
Have your local paint store mix it up and use an aerosol paint kit to spray it. The kit comes with a paint bottle, an aerosol can (To pressuerize the bottle), a pick up tube and a nozzle. I did my engine cove that way and it worked great. Just like a spray can but you put the paint in. Here's a LINK (http://www.prevalspraygun.com/)

rowhard
04/29/2006, 02:33 PM
Unless there is some EPA restriction where your at, I good Autobody Paint Supplier can mix and put it a rattle can just like you can buy at a hardware store or anywhere else, except it has the correct paint in it. Seems like the last time I did it was about 15 bucks.

mbeach
04/29/2006, 03:16 PM
I painted my wiper arms with some Duplicolor Bronze wheel paint. I was intending to do a long term weather test of the paint (it passed, with flying colors).

Easy job, sand, primer, paint. This stuff builds quickly, so two coats were plenty. It has just enough metallic sheen to keep from looking flat (even though it is non-reflective).
Maybe you could find some Gunmetal or Silver version of this "wheel paint".