PDA

View Full Version : I give up, what else could it be?

Maugan_VX
04/29/2006, 03:35 PM
So the CE light came on a while back, Low voltage Bank 1 and 2 Sensor 2, and the MAF (can't remember the codes exactly, they're on the service bill if it makes a difference)

So We replace both O2 sensors, and have the engine tested, and find that there are vacuum leaks at the intake gasket and the injector o-rings. So I have the dealer replace all of it. CE is off.

50 miles later, driving through town, it pops back up. I haven't had the codes read, but I'm assuming is the same one. Now I noticed that the dealer never reset my computer after they replaced the gasket, so its sitting right now with the battery disconnected and we'll see if that makes a difference.

Dealer also said that the exhaust system checks out ok. What else could be causing these codes to pop up? Mileage is sucking ***. Performance isn't. A little low of an idle is about it.

(On a side note, the dealer also changed my oil without asking me or telling me, and didn't use synthetic..grrrrrr pissed off. I guess I can't complain, I paid $50 total for all the work, including replacing the ABS electic hydraulic control module, look up the price sometime heh)

deermagnet
04/29/2006, 04:20 PM
These four codes will show up from dirty MAF sensor wires alone.
P0101- MAF sensor problem
P0137- O2 sensor B1 S2 low voltage
P0157- O2 sensor B2 S2 low voltage
P1171- Lean during hard acceleration

Take a few minutes to gently clean the MAF wires with a q-tip and alcohol or spray 'em with electrical contact cleaner. Do not use carb cleaner.

Mark

mbeach
04/29/2006, 04:22 PM
vacuum leaks at the injector o-rings? That's odd.

Hotsauce
04/29/2006, 09:51 PM
egr nut loose or intake gasket throws all those codes.

John C.

Maugan_VX
04/30/2006, 05:12 AM
all these potential soluitions are pretty simple. I'll go check these out. Thank you.

psychos2
04/30/2006, 06:52 AM
The first thing I would do is get the codes checked again. Do you know what they say when you assume. shawn

Maugan_VX
04/30/2006, 01:55 PM
Ok,

went out and douse the MAF (wires in particular) with quick dry electrical parts cleaner.

CE was still on, so I took it to the Autozone and had them read. They were the same codes they read at the dealer. So I had the guy reset the CE, hoping that cleaning the MAF might be the solution.

So far so good, been flooring it all around town today, but about 20 miles of in-town driving on it since the CE reset, and it hasn't come back on. I'll get some highway driving in on the way to work tomorrow so we'll see if that was it.

Thanks for the help.

Maugan_VX
05/02/2006, 07:15 AM
looks like the MAF cleaning did the trick.

*knocks on wood*