PDA

View Full Version : alarm, keyless entry.....again

IndianaVX
05/02/2006, 09:42 PM
ok, just got the vx, and my key fob wont unlock doors, but fob light comes on. replace with lithium anyway, and no locks. get under driver dash, and press green button on box, and while holding green button in, i press top fob button to "re learn" system, and still, no unlocking taking place, even sitting in recaro. I have not seen dash light for alarm come on at all. have not unhooked and reconnect battery.....not sure if after undoing battery and hooking up, do i do the green button thing again???
Also, when i unlock the door with the key, are both locks supposed to lock, or unlock....cause mine arent. cant find any fuse or relay, either under hood, or in fuses by driver door. I know someone knows something, and i HAVE been using the search option to try and figure this out, with no luck. so if nothing else, this, and the responses will just show up in a search for someone else, and maybe help them too.
and seems last time anyone was talking about this was in 2004. so, I am asking again for your help, and take this opportunity to thank you all for the help given so far. I am loving my foxfire.
thanks in advance
God bless you
david

IndianaVX
05/02/2006, 09:47 PM
should also mention that the power door lock buttons, by the window controls work perfectly.
thanks again
david

etlsport
05/02/2006, 09:52 PM
when you pressed the green button did you make sure to have the key in the right position in the ign? programming those things are always a pain.. i remember my subaru i had to hold the fob in my left hand while holding the button with my right with a hot dog in my pocket and one foot in the air while barking like a dog to make it program right.. so id try programming a couple of times to be sure, or have someone else try their luck with it, its alwyas little things that go wrong with that sorta thing

also look up the mod where you move the alarm antenna, and find that wire (should be in the drivers side dor sill or up the drivers side pillar) and trace it back to make sure its properly connected to the alarm system... thats all i can think of for now

IndianaVX
05/03/2006, 05:41 AM
arghhh..........as i was trying to go to sleep last night, after hanging upside down under the dash at 1 am, i started thinking things over, and felt like an IDIOT.......i DIDNT have the key on, because the key was attached to the fob, which was in my hand .......DUHHHH..........."How many lumps you want......duerrr,uhh gimme three or four" quote used by permission from bugs bunny.

IndianaVX
05/03/2006, 05:42 AM
arghhh..........as i was trying to go to sleep last night, after hanging upside down under the dash at 1 am, i started thinking things over, and felt like an IDIOT.......i DIDNT have the key on, because the key was attached to the fob, which was in my hand .......DUHHHH..........."How many lumps you want......duerrr,uhh gimme three or four" quote used by permission from bugs bunny.
gonna give it a try, and update tonight.
sorry guys,
forgive me
dave

Raque Thomas
05/03/2006, 09:35 AM
I didn't see where anyone answered your question about which door(s) unlocked when you press the button. One press unlocks driver's side only, second press opens passenger door. You can easily change it to have both open on the first press. You can then use the second press for your back door (with Tone's popper kit), if you have that installed.

IndianaVX
05/03/2006, 07:16 PM
Ok...its alive!!! all works fine. still gonna do the attena relocation, but for now, all works...just didnt have the key on in the ignition when i was pressin green button, and fob button.

Raque, now you have me wondering how to have both doors unlock at once. Iam going to get tones popper, cause i dont like having to use the key to unlock the rear, and was thinking today that a remote for the popper would be awsome. glad to hear Tones popper works with the fob.
so lets hear it....do the instructions on how to get both doors to unlock on the first push of the button come with the popper?? or can you tell me how to do that now?
thanks for the responses
david

VehiGAZ
05/04/2006, 06:05 AM
No, Tone's kit doesn't address how to get both doors to unlock on one push of the button. Someone posted a how-to last year, I believe. This is all hazy recollection and speculation, but...

The mods are in the alarm box wiring - there are two outputs from the alarm box, one that activates on the first push, another that activates on the second push. Normal wiring has the driver's door lock connected to the first, and the passenger door lock connected to the second. To wire in the rear door, you would hook both front door locks up to the first output, and wire the rear door popper circuit into the second output.

Keep searching until you find the thread (try "alarm wiring"). I am 99% sure someone posted the directions within in last 18 months.

I think the one limitation of this mod is this - if you "accidentally" unlock your doors, you would have to go and open and close one of them before pressing the fob button again, otherwise the next push would pop your rear hatch, not relock the doors.

Good luck!

Raque Thomas
05/04/2006, 06:46 AM
I think the one limitation of this mod is this - if you "accidentally" unlock your doors, you would have to go and open and close one of them before pressing the fob button again, otherwise the next push would pop your rear hatch, not relock the doors.

Good luck!

Actually, if you accidently unlock the doors - do nothing, they will auto relock in 60 seconds or so if you do not open them - at least that's how mine works.
Anyway, here's the link to make the popper work off the remote, the power door lock button when the car isn't running, and a dash or glove box switch when the car is running:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2069&highlight=remote+popper

VehiGAZ is correct, to just make the doors both unlock on the first press of the button all you need to do is splice the 2 wires together.

climbcovey
05/04/2006, 09:20 PM
while we are on the subject of keyless entry, i know our fobs can be programmed to open a garage door, but.... does anyone know how to program this?

VehiGAZ
05/05/2006, 06:23 AM
Isuzu sold a receiver for the "option" button that you wire in to your garage door opener circuit (I think between the wires of the opener button inside your garage) which would trigger the door to open. It does not work with "home link" nor does it just replace a garage door opener remote, either. It's a separate system, for some reason.

There was some discussion on the board last year about whether this receiver unit could be mounted inside the VX to trigger the rear door popper circuit, but it was all speculation, since no one actually had one of the receivers to see how it worked.

If you seach "option button" you may find the threads. Someone posted the part number of the receiver, so maybe you could see if it is still available.

Good luck!