PDA

View Full Version : Rubber pieces around head lamps

nfpgasmask
05/12/2006, 08:19 AM
Hey all, I was under the hood last night replacing my fog lamps on my newly purchased 2001 VX, and I noticed that the rubber gaskets around the head lights are falling off. Any tips on how to get these on and make them stay on? It looks like I will need to remove the head light housing to get them back around the bottom. Should I buy new gaskets?

Also, the little clip that holds the hood arm in place is broken. I want to get a new one of these. I suppose I need to call Merlin!

Any tips appreciated!

Bart

Joe_Black
05/12/2006, 08:39 AM
3M Weatherstrip adhesive works good, be sure to follow the instructions and also clean both the headling housing and the rubber gasket. You can also replace the gaskets with common 1/4" half-round material.

The hood support clip is pretty common, so if you can't find one at your local auto parts place just take a stroll through your nearest pick-n-pull parts yard and grab one from a Rodeo or Trooper.

nfpgasmask
05/12/2006, 12:15 PM
Coolio, thanks!

Bart

Chopper
05/14/2006, 02:59 PM
Don't pull the lights, just drop the front cladding down enough to get access.

Joe_Black
05/14/2006, 03:32 PM
It's much easier to pull the lights than the cladding, only a couple of bolts and they're loose to do what you need.

nfpgasmask
05/14/2006, 08:30 PM
I got it all done today and it looks good and is holding good. I black silicon from Pep Boys. Hopefully it will hold for a long time.

Bart