PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

WiSDoM
06/18/2006, 06:20 PM
After my little underwater experience, I took the drytime to install my 912s, independent4x tie-rods, install my Mud tires and do the ball joint flip. I now have some problems: my tod lights are flashing but not the red check light, my power steering pump is making a trouble whining sound, and my check engine light just came on after driving for an hour. After the waterworks and drytime my car started fine, but I didn't drive and after the drying period there were no idiot lights on and the tod display looked normal, but like i said i didn't drive it.

tomorrow i will go to advanced auto for the obd 2 check engine light.

oh yeah and i have a tranny leak. three days before the watershow I had the tranny serviced with new filter and flush. When I have the alignment after the lift I asked the guys to check my tranny because they serviced it. they said that the leak was coming from a difference part of the tranny then they worked on. One of the mechanic thought it might be the torgue convertor. Any ideas?

mbeach
06/18/2006, 08:43 PM
CEL -we'll have to wait for the code to be pulled.

Tranny leak -the mechanics either caused it, or missed it the first time they were under there. Either way, I'd hold their feet to the fire for it.

TOD lights -which ones are flashing? I was monkeying around with some sensors last week and found that by shorting the 4hi switch (not what you'd think it was for...) I would cause the AUTO light to start flashing. The front display lights would work normally. No red CHECK light as well.
If your AUTO light is flashing, it may be worth it to remove/clean/reinstall your 4hi switch (it's on the t-case).

PS pump and other seals -they are designed to keep fluids in, and don't do such a great job of keeping water out. It is possible that water forced its way past some seals and ended up in some places that it shouldn't be. Places like hubs, differentials, and even your power steering resevoir.