PDA

View Full Version : Power loss?

hugabone
06/22/2006, 12:16 PM
It seems I have some type of power loss. Its a 2001 with 50k miles. I'm not sure if it needs a tuneup but it doesnt hesitates. Seems like when it goes to shift to another gear, it just stays there for a second or two. 1st I thought it could be a fuel problem. I might have a fuel pump going bad. This thing has a long list of issues. I couldnt find the transmission level stick like on the older cars.

Triathlete
06/22/2006, 12:27 PM
Don't know about your power loss but the VX has no Tranny dip stick. It is a sealed system.

Bimati
06/22/2006, 01:46 PM
Is your "power" driving mode button on the center console pushed (or is the light lit up on the dash)? That would explain the engine/transmission holding in gear at higher RPM for a short time before it shifts.....just a thought.

Joe_Black
06/22/2006, 01:59 PM
As Bimati mentioned check the POWER mode switch and make sure it's depressed (best overall mode & economy) as the WINTER or off modes shift funky. If you are in POWER mode, then check your ATF level. It's not the easiest thing to do since you have to slide under and remove a plug (17mm or 19mm) from a recess in the transmission pan. IIRC the procedure is in the owners manual, if not post and I or someone else will put up the section from the shop manual.

hugabone
06/22/2006, 02:17 PM
Looks like its not going into 3rd gear properly. I'm taking it to the dealer in the morning. They will tell me when the 1st in service date was. I hope my vehicle didnt sell untill the latter part of '01. I might get out ther tinight to see if I can check the fluid level.

hugabone
07/08/2006, 01:48 PM
Turns out the transmission has failed. Good thing I had 40 days left on the powertrain warranty. Also my check engine light(P0502) was due to bad negative connections to the battery, the previous owner install some audio equipment terminals on the battery but didnt properly attach the cables to them. It's going to take them at least four weeks to get a reman. trans but at least I dont have to pay for it.

etlsport
07/08/2006, 10:50 PM
wow a transmission failure.. gotta love that warranty! whats the name/location of the dealer thats doing the work for you under warranty? id go pretty much anywhere in maryland for a good dealer

kpaske
07/09/2006, 08:24 AM
My experience with the service department of the Isuzu dealership in Gaithersburg, MD was not good. I would not recommend them to anyone.

It's great that you've found one willing to do their job. Good luck with the new tranny. I would recommend bringing in some AMSoil synthetic ATF and have them fill it up at the dealership when they do the install.

hugabone
07/09/2006, 10:13 AM
Its being done at Pohanka Isuzu in Marlow Height Md. This is the 1st time taking it to a dealer since I got it back in November,so I cant comment whether they are good or bad. It seems they dont mind doing warranty work as long as it's approved by Isuzu. I will try to get them to use synthetic trans fluid, though I wont a warranty anyways when it comes out. I got to check into that.