PDA

View Full Version : lights suck

Francesco Rizzo
07/10/2006, 09:23 AM
wow, my headlights are bad, I think the bulbs inthem are just cheap. I don't even think the same bulbs are in as the left lamp illuminate far better than the right. Anyway, I was hoping hat after I replace the bulbs I might be able to better angle them. I've figured out how to move them up and down, but is it possible to move left/right? Sorry, I put my manual away.. but forgot where. thanks

Andrey
07/10/2006, 10:35 AM
yes, it is possible to move them horizontally. I've read somewhere that you have to add some washers beneath the mounting screws.

rowhard
07/10/2006, 02:51 PM
Is it the high beams that suck?

When I did the 'zen and the art of headlight polishing', I didn't get one of the bulb's in correctly and the high beam on one side was terrible. I thought sure I had somehow screwed up when I had polished the lights. Turned outs, I didn't get the bulb in correctly, just a thought.

Francesco Rizzo
07/10/2006, 03:25 PM
I just spent 40 bucks to swap out the bulbs.. I touched one. I didn't mean to, but it happened. We'll see how long it goes for after I cleaned it. After the swap I noticed that the pin-head who changed the bulbs before me had placed the rubber gasket on upside down, I think this let some humidity into the ride side and now it's faded from the inside. I'll have to see what happens tonite when the sun goes down and finally checkout the bulbs. Hopefully I won't have to mess with washers and such. Thanks.

rowhard
07/10/2006, 04:13 PM
If you cleaned it well with Iso Alcohol, should last as long as if it just came out of the wrapper. 40 bucks, silver stars by chance? Great light but just not that long lasting

Chopper
07/11/2006, 05:05 PM
you can open headlights really easily. We do it often (celicas mostly) to paint the trim areas to match the body color. Pop the stripped down headlamp assembly into the oven, at 250 or 300 for a few minutes. PUT ON GLOVES. The clear lens will pull away. If you're careful, the goo (urethane) will remain pretty much on the edges and you'll have plenty to reheat and make a good seal. In the shop, we used to do this with a heat gun... not nearly so easy and much more ouchy. Just buff out the inner surface as you would the outer. Wayne