PDA

View Full Version : mechanic/dealer in orlando

FLBeachgirl
07/19/2006, 10:41 AM
hi I am pretty new to the orlando area and am looking for someone knowledgeable and reliable to take my vehicross to for regular services and parts problems. right now my passenger side door handle is broken so if anyone has any suggestions on where i should take it i would greatly appreciate it

Joe_Black
07/19/2006, 10:48 AM
Door handle and other body trim type stuff is pretty easy, so if you get your parts from St. Charles or a local dealer I'd be more than happy to fix for you as I'm sure any other capable local VX'er would. Easy fix!

For more regular type service I know that Fountain Isuzu used to be the place to go and I had good luck in the past with them. They're located on OBT, here's a link to their web site: http://isuzu.fountainautomall.com/index.cfm?action=home

FLBeachgirl
07/20/2006, 04:12 PM
thanks i made an appointment with fountain, whats broken right now is a piece inside the door that controls both inside and outside handle and therefore requires taking off the whole door. but i had to buy an entire dorr handle piece to get the part so if you know of anyone that needs any other part of the door handle thay are more than welcome to it. thanks again for your help

VehiGator
07/20/2006, 07:58 PM
Fountain is a total rip off.
Let me explain: they diagnosed my powersteering as a $2000 "gear" replacment. Instead, I had a front and rear allignment for $59, fixed it pronto.

Ok, example #2: My ABS light is stuck on. Again, $2,200 for the fix. I declined. Bought the part on the internet (Pamsauto.com) for $100 and my mechanic in Orlando will install for $75.

Trust me, avoid that place. They don't diagnose, they only replace with brand new overprice pieces.

If you want a good mechanic, email me and I can send you a very reliable shop. They quote over the phone with good estimates and don't rip you off. All my coworkers use the same shop.

PS: Welcome to Orlando!!

Joe_Black
07/21/2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the good info re: Fountain VehiGator! I hadn't been there since test driving a wacky new thing called a "VehiCROSS". ;) But Isuzu dealers are few and far in between. Of course, the term "stealership" arose for a reason!