PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic in Kentucky???

Cyn
07/29/2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know of a good mechanic or dealer in Kentucky for my VX.
I moved to Louisville from Atlanta last year and need to find a good mechanic.
I had an AWESOME one in Atlanta but no longer live there. I thought about just going to a local Isuzu dealer but thought I would give this a shot instead in case any one had any suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!
Cyndi

Keefer
10/12/2006, 06:26 PM
Hey Cyndi,

I can't help you in Kentucky, but who did you use in Atlanta? I just moved here a yr ago and need to find a good, reliable mechanic in the Atlanta area. Thanks!

Cyn
10/13/2006, 09:58 AM
I went to Albert at DMA Automotive in Duluth, he specializes in Isuzu's and is very reasonable, very honest, and like I said has worked on more than a few Vehicross's. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.dmaauto.com/index.htm

good luck!
Cheers,
Cyndi

Cyrk
10/13/2006, 10:12 AM
Cyndi, good luck in Kentucky we miss ya here in GA.

Keefer, Carl Black Isuzu 770.475.9500 Ask for Larry in service.
Tell them you want Dean to work on your VX. Dean has been working on mine since I got it. Great mechanic. Only problem they do not offer warranty work anymore.

Good luck,
Dave

Raque Thomas
10/13/2006, 12:06 PM
Cyndi,

I've had good luck at the dealer on Shelbyville Rd, although I have not been there since they changed ownership. They were always accomodating and went to bat for me on a couple of warranty issues (and got it done!). Of course, they're not cheap.....

If you have any of your scheduled maintenance done there 15k, 30k, etc service, make sure to give them a list of what you want done instead of relying on their standard service pack. They omit some things the VX requires, and add a whole lot of useless (revenue building) items. Good luck!