PDA

View Full Version : TOD check light flashing?

tooldini
07/30/2006, 08:53 PM
A while back I got some new tires. I tried them out in some mud and sand and ever since my VX is going in and out of all wheel drive. Slow acceleration on dry pavement makes the front wheel light go up and down radically. I can even feel a surge in pulling power up and down. Now after months of that the TOD check light started flashing then would go off after stopping and restarting. Today it won't go off and appears to only be in rear wheel drive. Can you guys help me out with this one. There is only a small difference in tire diameter so I don't think that would be the problem. Help me out if you guys can so I can fix this before winter.

thanks
Jeff

etlsport
07/30/2006, 09:05 PM
i think that any difference in tire size is going to mess up the TOD, where are the larger tires? the larger tires should be moved to the front so the tod computer doesnt think the wheels are spinning faster than the rears.. i think this is only a partial fix, and to fully fix the problem you will need all 4 tires to be the same size.. once everything is evened out, i think resetting the computer (disconnect battery for about an hour) should fix the TOD if its just the tires causing it

im no expert, this is just what ive picked up through various other threads and my own personal experience with 2 worn/2 new tires on the vx

Triathlete
07/30/2006, 09:06 PM
As long as the front and rear tires are the same size (you replaced all 4 right?) that should not be the problem. If you were mudding check all your TOD connectors for wet or mud in them. Clean and dry. Check the TOD fuse. Also have you tried resetting the computer? To do so disconnect the battery for 30 minutes then reconnect it. If none of this works hopefully someone else will chime in with more advice, but I think this is a good start.

tooldini
07/30/2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys. They are all the same size and new. I will try disconnecting the battery I am still not sure were any connections or fuses are located :( Thanks for the help.

Jeff