PDA

View Full Version : VX won't run, park lights stay on...

jacklack
07/31/2006, 05:40 AM
Hi all, new here, bought a 2001 yellow V about 4 months ago, I left it outside and came home and noticed the park lights on, figured the thunderstorm we had tripped the alarm, but the alarm worked fine and would not turn the park lights off.
here are my symptons:
the motor will crank but will not start
the gas guage is not working
the park lights stay on

here is what i did so far:
a known good scantool will not communicate with the pcm when trying to code, gives "err" code
found two wires under the pass seat that rubbed though to the body, the wires belong to a 3 wire connector that goes to the trans, i assume it is the TOD as when it is unplugged the check light under the TOD display keeps blinking
the PCM shows no visible short or burnt smell when removed and opened
ohmed out almost all circuits that I have a wiring diagram for though Mitchell on demand, gonna buy a factory manual to confirm the rest, all check out okay so far
this is a list of the essentials that i have done so far but have not succeded in changing the problem
has anyone else had this happen, please email me if you had a similar experience

AREA 51
07/31/2006, 11:18 AM
If you haven't already done so , disconnect the positive battery cable and put a full charge on the battery. While you're waiting for the charge to come up check all fuses in the drivers and engine compartments.

Thejerseyfish
08/05/2006, 01:58 AM
This might sound retarded, but have u checked 4h to 4l shift lever, it might be stuck halfway between. I remember a couple of times I bumped it when getting out of car, and if I remember right the car didn't start right or something till I put it back in position.

Ruflyf
08/05/2006, 04:37 AM
The ECM fuse under the hood has given the "crank but no start" symtom to several peeps...with differing side symptoms. Its a 40a fuse behind the battery.

Tone
08/06/2006, 11:14 AM
I will bet this is an alarm related issue since most alarms lock out the ability to start the car and connect to the parking lights for arm/disarm. Stock alarm or aftermarket? Have it removed from the circuit and test. You cannot simply unplug it though as that will disable starting as well.