PDA

View Full Version : Vin#

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 09:01 AM
I am about to buy a VX without ever driving one, but having to drive 6hours away for it. A VX is pretty much my dream car. I have the VIN# of the car and just wanted to know how to read it to see what number i have? It is a 2000 Ironman

Moncha
08/09/2006, 09:05 AM
If you look at the similar threads at the bottom of the page, you'll see the most relevant links to the topic already visited...

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 09:12 AM
New to the site and did not relize that yet. Thanks

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 11:19 AM
After calling the seller he stated that the VIN # is JACCN57X9Y7D0011. But this is digit short i think? Or am I wrong and should i call him back? ANything helps

Moncha
08/09/2006, 11:38 AM
yep 1 number short should look like

JACCN57X7X7991566 <-- Real VX Vin
JACCN57X9Y7D0011 <--- Yours For Comparison

Be careful....

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 11:57 AM
I am going out on a limb here for what i think is a great VX. I am a college student so a majority of my funds will go to buying this vehicle. I just hope its not a scam of some sort...I would have to drive 6 hours to find out, since it is located so far from me.

kpaske
08/09/2006, 12:03 PM
If you tell us where it's located, maybe someone local would be willing to swing by and give it the once over for you before you drive out 6 hours... I'd say you can be pretty sure that if any veteran member here is willing to go look at it, and says it looks like a good deal, then you won't be wasting your time.

Anita
08/09/2006, 01:15 PM
Absolutely what Kpaske said. putting a shout-out for a fellow VXer to take a look at the truck would be so important. We do it all the time.

If you didnt have the correct VIN#, have you not done a Carfax? Dont let your exuberance in securing that VX you always wanted get in the way of doing all the fact-finding possible.

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 01:25 PM
Wow this site is awesome if someone really goes past it that is great just the offer itself is great never thought about it. It is a 00 Ironman 39,000 miles, aftermarket rims (not for offroading), in Waukesha, WI. I have contacted the seller numerous times and he is legally obligated to sell the vehicle to me through agreement. A little bit of my law-school talk coming out. Doesnt help when your father is a lawyer as well

Anita
08/09/2006, 01:34 PM
I can think of three VXers living in Wisconsin, though I dont know how close they are to your VX.

I wanna retire
Evorent
bigdogeee

All seem pretty VX saavy. You could try to PM or email them.

JHarris1385
08/09/2006, 01:55 PM
How would I find VXers that live near that location? Just make a post?

kpaske
08/09/2006, 03:07 PM
If you select "Quick Links", then "Member List", then select "Search Members", then "Advanced Search" you can search on any criteria, including the state. If you just enter WI in the state field, it will give you back all the members listed in WI.

However, you'll probably do just as well by posting a message to the forum (I see you've already done that).

JHarris1385
08/22/2006, 01:07 PM
So I got an email from a fellow Wisconsin VX'er who stated the VX i was looking to buy is just 10-15 minutes down the road from his place and would go look at it this past weekend but to my suprise I have yet to hear from him since over a week ago. I really got my hopes up/slowed down the process of a loan just to wait to see what his opinion was of the VX. SInce he lived just 10-15 minutes away i figured that it would not be too much of a hassle to just check it out for me. I have seen that the user has been online since and I have pm'ed him since (w/no repsonse) . I am not naming names but I just wish you could help or someone else could? The VX is in lower Wisconsin. If you can help please speak up.

WyrreJ
08/22/2006, 05:33 PM
Too late, he bought it himself.
JK!

evorent
10/07/2006, 05:50 PM
So I got an email from a fellow Wisconsin VX'er who stated the VX i was looking to buy is just 10-15 minutes down the road from his place and would go look at it this past weekend but to my suprise I have yet to hear from him since over a week ago. I really got my hopes up/slowed down the process of a loan just to wait to see what his opinion was of the VX. SInce he lived just 10-15 minutes away i figured that it would not be too much of a hassle to just check it out for me. I have seen that the user has been online since and I have pm'ed him since (w/no repsonse) . I am not naming names but I just wish you could help or someone else could? The VX is in lower Wisconsin. If you can help please speak up.

hi man ! what you need ? how can i help you ?