PDA

View Full Version : Funny...

nfpgasmask
09/06/2006, 06:46 PM
I was down in Carbondale, IL last weekend, took the wife and the pooch down there to do some hiking in Shawnee National Forrest. Anyway, its a small college town, with mostly 'Merican trucks on the roads...

Before we left town, I was driving and passed a couple big auto parts stores, and since it is time to change the oil, I figured I would pop in and see if they had any PCV 193s for me so I don't have to order them online (cause all the stores near me in Chicago are out).

I went up the desk and asked the kid behind the counter if he had and Deutsch PCV193s. He looked on his computer and said, "no, what kinda car is it for". I told him, and he looked it up and then looked at me kinda surprised and said, "no man, we don't stock it at all".

I was like ok, no prob, and I walked out. As I was getting back in the VX, I noticed the kid and the 2 other guys that worked at the store were gathered at the front window pointing at the VX and checking it out.

It was funny cause they obviously had never seen one before...

Bart

PS - I did actually buy 2 Mobile 1 oil filters however, they were only $7.50 down there and they are like $12 in Chicago!

Joe_Black
09/06/2006, 06:57 PM
As an owner of several Merkur XR4Ti's it's the same story, so I learned long ago to use the other cars sharing the same drivetrain (Mustang SVO and Thunderbird Turbo Coupe) for counter parts reference.

When I need something from a counter for the VX I'll typically reference a 2000 Trooper. That way they seem to always have the part. ;)

Good score on the filters! I've just gotten in the habit of ordering several filters and PCV valves at a time from AutoZone's web site as they never charge shipping and it's nearly impossible to get someone to ring you up at the actual store.