PDA

View Full Version : How Many VX'er have gone to the FX side

LANINJA
09/14/2006, 10:20 PM
put those members on Blast here...

j/k.... I tooo am drawn to the FX45, alot of styleing Q's from the VX

any memeber have both or traded in for a FX?

Anita
09/14/2006, 10:34 PM
LisaK, one of the original members of the first VX forum back in 99 and a past owner of a 99 astral, then 2001 foxfire, bought herself a black FX 45 about 7 months ago. She loves it. Lisa got married about a month ago and probably used the proceeds of the sale of her Foxfire to pay for the wedding...

Lots of power and beautiful interior but doesnt handle quite as nimbly as the VX.

WILLY
09/15/2006, 01:23 AM
Huh ;)

Soulpower
09/15/2006, 06:12 AM
I'm feeling the FX and would probably get 1, if i was to sell to VX.

Joe_Black
09/15/2006, 07:06 AM
They were kinda interesting when they came out, but like everything else you can't turn a corner without seeing one. Having a VX spoils you for uniqueness. ;)

creeg
09/15/2006, 08:45 AM
there are some pretty nice FXs here in LA. Custom jobs with modified suspension and upgraded tires/wheels.

Ive been thinking that if I ever get rid of my VX (not likely), it would be for an FX. As long as I have the cashola.

And if I was really down on my luck and had no money, Id get an HHR (but trick it out like crazy). I know that one isnt going to sit well with a lot of people here, but oh well.

nfpgasmask
09/15/2006, 11:19 AM
I feel the same as Joe, and to me, the FX is very nice, but there is something too nice about it, if you know what I mean. It looks like a vehicle I would not even want to take down a gravel road.

The VX is much more tough looking, and still, way, way more unique. I see about 100 FXs to every 1 VX here on the roads in Chicago.

Bart

They were kinda interesting when they came out, but like everything else you can't turn a corner without seeing one. Having a VX spoils you for uniqueness. ;)

Chopper
09/15/2006, 05:41 PM
Like someone here said, it looks like a Disney character should be driving it. Cartooney. Sport sedan with a backpack... great concept, excellent engine, (needs a manual tho) In central Fla., the surfer types are eating that HHR up. Very popular here at the beach.

JAFO
09/15/2006, 06:15 PM
What Is A Fx 45
Huh ;)
http://www.index.hr/images2/Infinitifx5V.jpg http://www.index.hr/images2/Infinitifx52V.jpg

Infiniti FX45
http://www.infiniti.com/fx/index.html

totallto
09/15/2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, its cool for a Big 4 door "sport" SUV. I'm just not into Big 4 door "sport"
SUVs. :rolleyes:

Tone
09/16/2006, 09:46 AM
It's really not that big but it is fast! No transfer case and no clearance so it wasn't for me. I'm blown away by the ML's speed and offroad prowess and the used price made if even sweeter. And it is only 10" longer than the VX and exactly the same width just with 350 HP...but certainly not the cool looks of either of the others.

dietz99vcross
09/16/2006, 06:22 PM
Now if instead of toning down the fx35/45 they had done what Isuzu did and produced the concept vehicle they first displayed then alot of us might be talking about our triants. The concept was not shown much, I saw it at Chicago Auto Show (It debuted at Detroit 1 month earlier). It had gull wing doors, 3.5L v-6, steerable headlights and an adjustable suspension as well as being a 2+2. It was displayed alongside the 35 and 45 but was clearly the more "exotic" vehicle. Other than the triant the Toyota RSC concept is the only other vehicle I would have considered trading in my VX on. But neither of these two companies had the gumption to produce their concept.

NYVX
09/18/2006, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=
Need stock parts cheap with FREE freight?
1-800-727-8066
St. Charles Isuzu - ask for Merlin!
.[/QUOTE]

always get busy signal...looked at 2 vx's and looking at # 3 and possible number 4 this week. pretty sure I want to buy one....only concern is being stuck if it is hit...seems mechanicals are mostly interchangeable with trooper but body parts could be problematic......wanted to ask merlin ( got a kick out of name)...if my fears are justified.