PDA

View Full Version : Need new mirror/Enraging story

bobmumgaard
09/24/2006, 10:56 PM
Heres proof that no matter where you go you can't get away from jerks and weirdos.. Even in little ole Lincoln Nebraska

So my buddy had a birthday get-together this Saturday. Just a few friends, maybe 8 or 9 of us having beers, watching football and what not. We are all sitting around inside my house at about midnight, winding down when this guy opens the front door and comes in.

It doesn't take but 45 seconds before we realize that he know's no one!! He just saw us in the window and let himself in the front door! no knock, nothing. Well obviously this doesn't settle well with us and Big Tom (6'5, 340 lbs, '97 national championship husker o-linemen) tells him polietly he needs to leave. And this guy won't go, and takes offense to this. He is obvisouly drunk and things get tense for a minute. About 5 minutes and a few notches louder vocally and we get the guy out the door without any violence. Then I hear my car alarm go off.

I rush outside and the guy takes off. A quick inspection of the VX reveals the drivers side mirror is dangling. I call the cops and they show up abit latter and we file a report for vandalism. The ironic thing is we had a picture of the perp on a cell phone during the argument.

In hindsight we should have just called the cops when the guy first came in and this would have been avoided. What kind of person barrels into a house, demands to be included in a private party and then messes with the automobiles outside when he doesn't receive a warm welcome?

Atleast I can take comfort in the fact that in other places those people come with/back-with guns. I don't even live in a bad neighborhood!

Bottomline- I need a new driverside mirror

Commando
09/25/2006, 10:58 AM
:mad: And they say that televised eviserations of miscreants won't solve anything. Really sorry to hear of your misfortune. Not to rub salt in the wound, but there was a drivers side mirror on ebay that closed Sunday. I was going to add it to my pile of spares but I got outbid at fifty-two bucks. Too bad 'cause I would have been happy to pass it along to someone in need. I still have the winners address if you want to try to contanct him and see if he is interested in parting with it. PM me if you do. Good luck in finding a new one

Anita
09/25/2006, 11:10 AM
$291.00 new on isuzuparts.com
I think there is a used one available on car-parts.com