PDA

View Full Version : help! cant pull the key out!!

GOVEHIX
10/01/2006, 05:13 AM
i am having this weired problem with my vx, i cant pull my key out after i turn it off. it's like the last "click" wont get through, i brought it to my mechanic, they have no ideas too. all they did were put some lubricant into the key hole, it was fine for like a day or so, but went bad again after. i ask them what was goin on/what was the problem, they told me was the "initial key cylinder" wear out. but they cant find the part to replace it. any one have any idea what should i do??
i dont have a garage, therefore all i can do is cover they key with a piece of black fabric then put the wheel lock on, but this wont be the long term method.
can anyone help?? thanks a bunch!

Kenny
10/01/2006, 06:12 AM
This may have a few tidbits of info:

http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq78

Hope it all works out for you.

etlsport
10/01/2006, 06:14 AM
if youre at all mechanically inclined try taking the shifter off (its just two screws, but when you pull it up off the shaft watch out because the button likes to jump out) then pull up on the white piece sticking out, have some paper towels handy, its pretty greasy. i had a problem with that shaft not fully coming up and when it didnt, my key would not come out of the ignition, i put in an aftermarket shifter which may have made the problem worse, so i had to add an additional spring to help pull it up, however if youve got the stock shifter, it may have just gotten stuck as a one time thing, thats where i would start

let me know if you need further instruction taking apart the shifter (all it takes is a phillips head screwdriver)

SPAZZ
10/01/2006, 05:31 PM
sent you a private message