PDA

View Full Version : looking for indiglo gauges

djkymar
10/24/2006, 06:58 PM
Hello!
Does anyone know where i can buy them for my VX?
Thanks

Ldub
10/24/2006, 07:07 PM
Read post(s) re: indiglo gauges by Kenny & others (note to self...learn to use SEARCH function).

Scour E-bay for the proper combo of kits that will fit...yes KIT'S (plural)

Learn new swear words while opening inst. clusters & installing (from what I've heard)

Enjoy.

FYI, I ordered recommended kits & received nothing...finally got a refund...caveat emptor.

LittleBeast
10/25/2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah I ordered two pair off of Ebay I think they fit a 94-95 Trooper, but anyways, you can only get the white reverse glows for the RPM, MPH, GAS, and Oil Press (I know we originally have temp) but yeah the ones that fit only have Oil instead of Temp, just put them on they will look great and remember that it is Temp even though it says Oil. TOD there is NO way to get this white reverse glow. Older TOD white reverse glows do not fit. Easy install don't even have to remove needles, it is HIGHLY advised not to acctually. I removed the needles to put on Indiglo Needles and it looks awesome but recalibrating the needles is NOT fun, but since I had larger tires now I know my needles are right when they were not before. Here is the Ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-TROOPER-94-95-EURO-REVERSE-GAUGES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33677QQihZ019QQi temZ290043658378QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I did not order from this guy I don't think, but it is the exact product a couple of us have purchased and I actually have an evtra pair laying around. I bought another pair b/c the first pair just weren't exactly perfect they had clear plastic "bunching" around screws I tightened a little too much so I bought a whole new set. Hope that helps.
In Christ,
Ryan H

Kenny
10/25/2006, 08:01 PM
I bought mine from:
http://stores.ebay.com/AutoMotiveCargo-AMC
About $10 each kit.

I got the (94-95 ISUZU TROOPER) and (99 00 01 02 ISUZU TROOPER) AUTO REVERSE EL GLOW GAUGES I used the '02 Trooper speedo and it's temp gauge (it's one piece) I cut off the lower and "blended" in the '95 gas gauge. I used the '95 tach. If cutting, watchout for the indiglo lines.

It was a major PITA with an x-acto knife to trim the openings, holes and edges to get them to fit right. In the end I LOVE the look!!.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/white_face_1.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/white_face_1.jpg)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/white_face_2.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/white_face_2.jpg)

It sucks that I can't find a lower bar to match our line-up (POWER - CHK ENG - CRUISE, etc...). I'm still trying to figure the center gear line up, it's a tad too small and does not line up 100% from P to L.

NOTE: the center bar and turn signal bar are plain, no colour. So you need to colour your bulbs, or glue some coloured plastic, or re-use original piece behind it to maintain the "green" "amber" or "red" glow. I also took off the green boots on the cluster lights to give the needles a more red glow.

LittleBeast is bang on, they can be cheap cheap cheap and can be pretty poor on very close inspection. I have the clear coating that is also bunching up a bit at the screws and a few minor bubbles.

Oh, the cluster is fairly easy to disassemble, once you unplug it all... And be careful, don't break any do-dads off the tach or speedo if you take them out :smack: :goof:

Good Luck!

djkymar
10/30/2006, 07:28 AM
LittleBeast thanks for link and info.
Kenny also thanks for link and info. Im going to try do it. Im never did that before but im gonan try will sew what happends...
Kenny can you tell me how hard is to install all that? and question if ill do everything right can i make it a lit bit dimmer so it not really bright at night?

Kenny
10/30/2006, 01:59 PM
LittleBeast thanks for link and info.
Kenny also thanks for link and info. Im going to try do it. Im never did that before but im gonan try will sew what happends...
Kenny can you tell me how hard is to install all that? and question if ill do everything right can i make it a lit bit dimmer so it not really bright at night?

Install is quite easy. If you're able to take the dash bezel off and unplug the switches, then you have the skill to take out the speedo cluster. There are about 5 plugins behind the cluster you have to get off - be patient. There is a yellow plug behind the TOD display that you have to flick a side latch to be able to pull it out. Leave it for last and you should be able to pull the cluster out enough to see what you're doing. Pull off the clear cover CAREFULLY by popping the tabs. If you're going basic gauge covers, just slide the covers over the needles and line up into place. I drilled and grommeted two holes in the cluster sides to pass the indiglo wires through. I wired the power and ground for the indiglo to the "IGNITION" and "GROUND" screws at the back of the cluster for power. The gauges come with a little push button to turn on the indiglo, but I plan to wire this switch into the cluster bulb power so they turn on when I turn on the cluster lights.

You might be able to put a variable resistor on the power side to dim the indiglo. Or try to wire the power to the cluster bulbs and see if dimming them will dim the indiglo... Personally, I like the big blue glow. :)

Just PM me if you need some specific help. You can also upload a photo and I could mark it up to show any info you're looking for...

Good Luck!

LittleBeast
10/30/2006, 10:02 PM
The gauges come with a little push button to turn on the indiglo, but I plan to wire this switch into the cluster bulb power so they turn on when I turn on the cluster lights.

You might be able to put a variable resistor on the power side to dim the indiglo. Or try to wire the power to the cluster bulbs and see if dimming them will dim the indiglo... Personally, I like the big blue glow. :)

Just PM me if you need some specific help. You can also upload a photo and I could mark it up to show any info you're looking for...

Good Luck!
Kenny, if you just try wiring around that on/off switch it will not work I have tried and others have tried and I called the company it is not possible without purchasing a seperate box (which has a knob on it unlike the power box that comes with the kit originally now earlier kits came with this upgraded box but no more) that makes it possible to dim them and change to a green color. Box is around $10 if I am remembering, it was a while ago. But if you just wire up the power wire (red wire going to black box) to the Green Wire with the red stripe (illumination wire) then you will get a lot of dimming ability, but if you dim too low the gauge will cut off and you will have to push the on/off button again.
djkymar this is really easy to do as long as you don't mind remembering that you are looking at temp instead of oil above the gas, no cutting easy! But REMEMBER TO LEAVE original face plates behind all gauges or you will get a lot of shining around the edges you do not want.... Hope that helps. Dimming is very easily attained though, just wire up to the Green w/red stripe.
In Christ,
Ryan H

djkymar
10/31/2006, 06:08 AM
Everything fine but i thought they turn on when i flip regular switch for headligths but it has their own switch and i dont really like that i have a lot switchers already =) i dont really mind extra switch, i gonna think about it. Are you sure there is no way to try connect switch to the regular fliop switch?

LittleBeast
10/31/2006, 04:34 PM
Yes you can do that it is easy to do, but the basic kit is not going to come with the black box with the knob that enables you to direct hook it up, but last time I checked you could still order that item seperately to do this... just one more thing to buy..