PDA

View Full Version : S/C question...?

Capri
11/14/2006, 11:36 AM
Recently my fuel line was melted onto the EGR assembly and I took it to a few shops. So far 4 shops have rejected service because they stated that my supercharger uses rubber hoses for fuel line, rather than metal lines - is this suppose to be the case for the Alpine S/C? I've asked several mechanics and they stated most superchargers use the metal lines to prevent possible rupture.

I want to figure out if the initial install was incorrect or what, or this is the way Alpine's S/C is designed?

Ldub
11/14/2006, 01:32 PM
The fuel lines on my s/c are rubber also (they must be fuel injection specific-should say "for fuel injection" on the hose some where).

It sounds as though your fuel line was routed, or drooped too close to a very hot surface (EGR tube).

The shops you've taken it to so far, have probably done you a favor by realizing they weren't competent to work on something that appeared "exotic/ out of the ordinary".

Metal fuel plumbing shouldn't be necessary with our s/c kit, as there is no greater fuel pressure wether s/c'd or stock...it's the same fuel pump supplying the juice.

Good Luck finding the ever elusive "competent auto tech". :rolleyes:

Tone
11/14/2006, 02:54 PM
The kit uses metal going to the injectors and the fuel rail but the stock hose that is reused is rubber as it was from the factory and the EGR is in the same location. I think you posted on this before...