PDA

View Full Version : Tire Help?

GirlLikeThat80
11/22/2006, 04:54 PM
Hello all,
It's been over a year since my last visit but everyone was so helpful last time. Just wondering if anyone could recommend tires. I currently have the original tires that came with the car ('99 model) but I've noticed car seems to slide when the roads are wet/slick. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just ones that can handle the road conditions, especially with the snow coming.

I actually got into an accident in August when it was raining out. I hit the guard rail after sliding all over the road. Not sure how much a factor the tires had in this.

Thanks in advance!

PHO2GR4
11/22/2006, 05:10 PM
When I had my 1999 VX, I changed the stock Bridgestones out and added Yokohama Geolandars all around. These were VERY good all-purpose tires, and not very spendy.

They get excellent reviews, too.

Anita
11/22/2006, 05:14 PM
Nitto Grapplers are very popular. Be sure to take a look at them as well.

Y33TREKker
11/22/2006, 05:22 PM
I'll 2nd the Yokohamas. I have a set of GO52's that have been great all-season tires so far.

Cobrajet
11/23/2006, 05:53 AM
I’m currently running Kumho ECSTA STXs in 265-60-18 on stock wheels. I commute over 90 miles a day on these and am very happy with them. I have an extra set of stock wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3s in 265-60-18 for the snow. Worn tires will definitely result in poor handling, as will low and/or uneven tire pressures. Been there, done that.

PHO2GR4
11/24/2006, 03:53 PM
I have some weird criteria when shopping for tires.

I just couldn't buy something called a "Kumho". I know it's a bad reason, but the name just doesn't cut it.

Now, "Geolandar"...that's a really really really good-looking tire.

Oh wait, that's a Zoolander.