View Poll Results: How loyal are you to your VX

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% - I would sell it if I had too.

13 12.87%
  • 50% - I would sell it because of a job or kids.

12 11.88%
  • 100% - NEVER NEVER get rid of my VX.

76 75.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How Loyal are you to your VX???

NEVER EVER

This vehicle stopped me dead in my tracks in a Shop Rite parking lot in 2001. It was a yellow VX and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Before that time, I never had a dream car. I couldn't afford one so I bought a red Chevy Cavalier RS coupe. Paid that off but shortly thereafter (Jan 2003) I saw a Proton for sale at the Hillside Auto Mall and my jaw dropped. Got her for $15,250 (32K on her at the time) and sold my paid-off car for the down payment VX. If that isn't love, what is?

It's been a year and it still turns my head (and everyone else's). Yes, the VX will definitely be collector's item.

Life is what happens when you're driving a VX...

I remember when I first saw photos of the VX and knew I had to have one , but at 30K I knew I would have to wait 2 or 3 years to afford a used one. I was replacing tires on my Nissan hardbody at a Goodyear store that was a block away from an Isuzu dealer so I had an hour to kill and walked over to GAULK at a VX they had on a raised show platform, wow so much better to see the real thing, it was well worth the wait. I've been asked if it's a 2004 ,so it will be along time before this futuristic design looks old, and hopefully if Isuzu gets a look at a thread like this one we will be able to trade in on the next generation VX.
    Last edited by StormTROOPER : 12/09/2004 at 03:45 PM
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

I can't even fathom the thought of selling my VehiCROSS!!!!!
    I love that thing sooo much, as if it had a blood pumping heart under it's hood!

My boys may sell theirs, but mine will last longer than I do.

Negative Attitude Right Now

Ya know, I posted on here that I would never ever get rid of my VX.... NOw it seems I am so close to throwing in the towel. Between my job, a baby, two dogs and a need for more and more space, I'm just not sure the VX fits the bill.

I want to go out and just buy a third vehicle (or make my VX my third Vehicle), but I'm having a tough time coming up with funds to pay for it, so it seems like parting with the VX is the right way to go..... HOWEVER, even my wife is on my side now by saying I can't sell something that I've spent so much time and money on.

Ultimitly, I need to come up with some funds to keep me from selling the VX... I feel so guilty even considering selling it...

I'm ashamed!

-The Rave-
    North Carolina

NC:

GO pickup a late year 2nd gen trooper

that way you can swap important bits between the two :P
    2000 Black VX 105k

Two years ago, after being unemployed for five months, I was prepared to sell my S2000 (with 1700 miles), my Mustang (owned since 1990), my Cobra (owned since 1976, restored in 1994), my bike, my house, etc. The VX was way down on the list of items to be sold. It may not be the most practical vehicle in the world, but it made more sense than any other vehicle I owned. I sold my S2000 the day before I got the call for my current job. I kinda miss it, but not as much as I would miss the VX.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Originally posted by WormGod
    Just trying to picture, 30 years from now, driving down the road in my VX, with "Historic" tags on it. Heads are turning as a new generation of kids are like "Whoa, daddy, there's an old one! What is that!" And daddy will look at the VX, and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno."

That's one possible scenario for the year 2034, but I think the more likely one would be where the kid says, "There's a freaky new truck! What kind of truck is that Daddy?" And daddy will look at the VX and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno, it must be a 2035 model coming out next year."
    Canadian VXer!

Originally posted by mrtew
    That's one possible scenario for the year 2034, but I think the more likely one would be where the kid says, "There's a freaky new truck! What kind of truck is that Daddy?" And daddy will look at the VX and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno, it must be a 2035 model coming out next year."
    LOL Thats why I call this vehicle the... Back to the Future 4 by 4