Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isuzu bulletin confirms oil use bull****

Isuzu bulletin confirms oil use bull****

edit
    Last edited by deermagnet : 02/08/2013 at 12:37 PM

Thumbs down

Can't believe this mark

It's unacceptable this "bulletin" information.

All isuzu engines are almost the same in context & configuration;I can't understand how they came down with this conclusion

I use around 1 quart every 1K & i can assured you i don;t drive my horse hard in any way,my driving commute is 95 % city & 5% highway i got to mention that i drives around 15 miles on a daily basis.

Isuzu engines are a huge fraud to every one of us,i'm so sorry original owners paid 30K for this crappy engine.
    Dakar was just the begining.

the ascender and the pickups are Government Motor manufactured

Mark- I can't be sure, but seems like I'd seen this info before...so I dug out an older post I printed in the Engine Failure Poll? and printed the "Isuzu Engine Oil Usage Test/Report" there. It listed "Normal Engine Oil Consumption w/i limited powertrain warranty period" for the group that included the VX and it listed that same "normal" of 1 qt/1000 miles... depending on conditions.

How does this new info you posted change or affect that? Or is this just further evidence of them knowing there's an "issue" (!) and tells the dealer what to "tell" the customer?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Many manufacturers call 1 qt/1000miles "acceptable", not just Isuzu.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

My VX still drinks like there is no tomorrow. It's just something I have come to live with. But this is good to know and read straight from the horses mouth. You should also post this on the Planet if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Bart

Thumbs down Isuzu is gone......for good ?

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    We've known all along that Isuzu said 1 quart in 1000 miles was acceptable. I posted that dealer oil useage report here a while back.

This new document that we're seeing for the first time says that 1 quart in 1000 miles is NOT acceptable in these other engines. They knew there was something wrong on the first gen 3.5L that we have, so they came out with the bogus 1/1000 figure so they wouldn't have to repair thousands of engines.

This is also the first time we've seen that anything over 36,000 can use any amount of oil and that won't get a warranty repair. So over 36K their engines are too old to expect normal oil useage? That should be a major embarrassment to Isuzu.

What does it matter which engine is using 1 in 1000? It's not acceptable in those newer engines and it shouldn't have been allowed to happen with our engines.

That's where I come off.

Mark Griffin
    I bought my horse @ 38K miles & oil compsumtion was notorious;The previous owner did all maintainance on time (carfax certified shows all records of maintainance).
    Another BS is the warranty,why a 2nd owner shouldn't enjoy the same warranty period as the original owner ?
    Specially an very low mileage vehicule.
    As how my mech always told me: 36K warranty for a well reputated car manufacturer such as isuzu is just shamefull & that is what many customer should look at when they were about to choose any isuzu products.
    If isuzu,as they state BRUTALLY TESTED their engines to meet higher standarts & prove their quality/reliability/dependability why offers only 36K powertrain warranty / 5years ?

As my mech also said : they knew what was coming when they decide to put this 3.5L engine into production.

Yes,almost all manufacturers says that 1q of oil every 1K is normal,but it doesn't mean that right after 36K miles you engine should be burning that amount of oil,cylinder walls,O rings & pistons should be still brand-new at that mileage UNLESS there's a factory flaw in its design/manufacturing process;My brother-in-law old '95 pathfinder had 340K miles on it & never experience oil burn although nissan's bulletin disclaimed the same average oil burn is ok.
    All this bulletin does is proving isuzu's misstep & now i wonder how isuzu being the japs automobile pioneer (since 1912) didn't master this kind of situation long time ago & customers had to wait 'till they built the best fuel engine up-to-date back in 2002 with the axiom D.I. system.
    90 years is a long way to go for sure.
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 11/13/2009 at 11:14 AM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, i was gonna say that my integra has 250k miles and still doesnt burn a drop of oil....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Fortunately I don't have an oil use problem in my VX (knock on wood).
    But, I find it hard to believe that any auto manufacturer would find it "acceptable" for a vehicle to not make it between oil changes without having to top off 3/4 of its oil capacity.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

My original purchase warranty is

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I bought my horse @ 38K miles & oil compsumtion was notorious;The previous owner did all maintainance on time (carfax certified shows all records of maintainance).
    Another BS is the warranty,why a 2nd owner shouldn't enjoy the same warranty period as the original owner ?
    Specially an very low mileage vehicule.
    As how my mech always told me: 36K warranty for a well reputated car manufacturer such as isuzu is just shamefull & that is what many customer should look at when they were about to choose any isuzu products.
    If isuzu,as they state BRUTALLY TESTED their engines to meet higher standarts & prove their quality/reliability/dependability why offers only 36K powertrain warranty / 5years ?

As my mech also said : they knew what was coming when they decide to put this 3.5L engine into production.

Yes,almost all manufacturers says that 1q of oil every 1K is normal,but it doesn't mean that right after 36K miles you engine should be burning that amount of oil,cylinder walls,O rings & pistons should be still brand-new at that mileage UNLESS there's a factory flaw in its design/manufacturing process;My brother-in-law old '95 pathfinder had 340K miles on it & never experience oil burn although nissan's bulletin disclaimed the same average oil burn is ok.
    All this bulletin does is proving isuzu's misstep & now i wonder how isuzu being the japs automobile pioneer (since 1912) didn't master this kind of situation long time ago & customers had to wait 'till they built the best fuel engine up-to-date back in 2002 with the axiom D.I. system.
    90 years is a long way to go for sure.
    10 year 120000 limited powertrain
    72 month 100000 anti coorosion
    36 month 50000 mile limited warranty

I think IF my VX ever dies a full 'yota drivetrain might just slip in there nicely. And no worry about finding parts!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    BTW, I've never hated Isuzu at any time. I love my VX and my engine.
    x2

If I was one of those who lost an engine after losing a damaging amount of oil in just 2000-3000 miles, then I'd be boiling mad.
    ya, it does kinda suck....

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I think IF my VX ever dies a full 'yota drivetrain might just slip in there nicely. And no worry about finding parts!
    that was always my plan for my VX ultimately. especially because you could easily get SAS parts for toyota stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    that was always my plan for my VX ultimately. especially because you could easily get SAS parts for toyota stuff....
    You might be able to throw some nice FJ cruiser parts in there............................................. ................... That was for Zeus

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I was thinking about parts from a Saturn, I am a glutton for vehicle manufacturers that no longer exist... Maybe some nice Daewoo axles?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I was thinking about parts from a Saturn, I am a glutton for vehicle manufacturers that no longer exist... Maybe some nice Daewoo axles?
    Yugo might be good for you...