Thread: window problem

window problem

Lately when I rolled my window up its slow and sometimes I have to help it up. Yesterday the window stopped wofking completely. If your playing aroud I got it up. When you hit the button for the window you hear a click does that mean I need a new motor and if so does anyone have 1 lying around

Thanks

do a search

on window problem. There are several things that can be wrong. Probably not the motor but the reculator or tracking may need replaced. Theere are two metal piece you can buy to stop it from happening again
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

I got it to go up but sometimes it works and sometimes not now it sounds like a grinding when working. Doea that narrow it down to one thing?

Thanks

I am in the middle of fixing my window. It was getting stuck and pulling forward, then almost impossible to go up by itself. I replaced the regulator $140, (on advice from the shop I bring it to) but then realized it was probably the rubber track that was the problem. I got a new rubber track ($120) and it seems to work fine. Now I just have to figure out a way to reattach the plastic brackets to the glass.
    I said all that to say this, I would recommend opening up the door panel and checking it out, you can probably figure out what is the problem. Either the motor, regulator or rubber track.

I have had this problem and fixed it, but my driver's side was binding nasty again in the front so I couldn't use it. It already has the SBC brackets, but it had come lose again. I'm selling my VX and took a video of how to fix it and it working properly for the potential buyer. I'll put them up here for anyone who wants to take a look. I also have a picture of the bracket inside on window and the videos show the "washer fix" the moves the lower part of the track outwards, giving a better angle for the window to ride up. Also, I took pliers and widened the front track frame, greatly reducing the drag of the front edge on the window. I encourage you to take a look at the videos. It may help. Maybe it won't, but it sure can't hurt!

The problem:
    http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/...-40-38_928.mp4

The fix:
    http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/...-01-18_387.mp4

Solved!:
    http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/...-15-52_839.mp4

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. -Romans 3:28

Quote Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post
    I got it to go up but sometimes it works and sometimes not now it sounds like a grinding when working. Doea that narrow it down to one thing?

Thanks
    Surprised you haven't heard about it...they're notorious for binding, sticking, jumping the track, tilting, burning up the motors.
    There's literally hundreds of posts on the problem. It's probably THE #1 common problem.
    Like circ said, a search on just "window fix" will pull up many, many threads on it.

When you have some time, here's a lonnnnnnggggggg list of threads that have good info and how to repair. You'll understand all the issues with them.

OK, don't freak out everybody, I just had to re-organize what I had on this topic, and add some to it.........and this particular thread just got unlucky enough to spur my motivation.....

PICTURES:

WINDOW GUIDE AT MIRROR.
    FRONT WINDOW TRACK NOT ADJUSTABLE AT MIRROR (UPPER 1/3 OF TRACK)

BULLDOGGIE

THIS SHOWS THE WASHERS USED AS SPACERS INBETWEEN THE INSIDE DOOR FRAME AND THE LOWER WINDOW ARM TRACK (LOWER TRACK BOLTS) -
    BULLDOGGIE

ARM TRACK UPPER SPACERS: SHOWS WASHERS ON THE TRACK MOUNT, NOTE HOW THE NYLON GUIDES ON THE ARM ARE NOT PULLING AWAY FROM THE TRACK AND THE CENTER OF THE ARM STAYS UNDER THE GLASS TO PUSH UP WHEN RAISING (NO PLYERS HOLDING THE ARM TO THE TRACK)
    BULLDOGGIE

SBC BRACKETS & INSTALLATION:

WINDOW UNBOLTED FROM ARM, CLOSE UP LOOK AT HOW FAR THE ARM HOLE IS FROM THE WINDOW HOLE IN THE DOWN POSITION
    BULLDOGGIE

BEFORE:
    UPPER ARM BOLT HOLES WITH THE WINDOW IN UP POSITION, SHOWING A NEED TO HAVE THE HOLES SLOTTED TOWARDS THE REAR GUIDE

BULLDOGGIE

AFTER:
    ARM TRACK UPPER BOLT HOLES AFTER SLOTTING. SLOTTED MOUNT HOLES FOR ALIGNMENT WITH THE WINDOW UP
    BULLDOGGIE

SHOWS LOWER BOLT HOLES FOR THE ARM TRACK SLOTTED TOWARD THE REAR TO MATCH TO WINDOW TABS
    BULLDOGGIE

REGULATOR ARM HELD TO GUIDE - RED ARROWS MARK THE BOLTS TO THE ARM TRACK WHERE I MIGHT ADD SOME SPACERS, IN THE UP POSITION IT SEEMS TOO FAR FROM THE GLASS
    BULLDOGGIE

WINDOW UNBOLTED FROM ARM AND PUSHED FIRMLY INTO REAR GUIDE/TRACK.
    BULLDOGGIE

WINDOW TAB REPAIRED WITH PLUMBERS EPOXY
    BULLDOGGIE

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.