Thread: Need recommendation, best way to run amp power cord

Need recommendation, best way to run amp power cord

I'm installing an amp to power my new subwoofer this weekend. I was looking under the hood of the VX and I cannot find an easily visible existing hole in the firewall to run the power cord through. Is there one hiding somewhere? If not, anyone have a suggestion on where to make one?

Also looking for suggestions on where to mount the amp.

Thanks in advance!

there is a rubber grommet that passes through the firewall on the drivers side just to the left of the brake and power steering resivoirs, its very easy to get to and comes out above the pedals, i think the speedometer cable and one other comes through right next to it as well, i ran a 4ga power wire through there no problem, just pop the grommet out, drill it a little smaller than your wire and force the wire through, then run your wire through and pop the grommet back in (make sure its facing the correct direction when you put it on your wire) let me know if you need pics, where you mount your amp depends on the size, i one amp under each seat, but they are small in size (2-1/2" mounting depth on drivers side, smaller on pass.) there are pics in my gallery

in this photo, my power wire is covered in blue wire loom (obviously) at the very back top of the engine bay, you can see it going to the grommet i was talking about on the left of the two fluid resivoirs

That should work. Thanks!

i have mine on the passengerside grommet, just punch a hole through the rubber and cardboard, ran a 1gauge wire through np. just be sure to seal the hole cause i got a nasty case of wet carpet syndrome.