Thread: Urgent Help Needed

Smile Happiness @ Last

Hi Vxers.
    I Have A 1998 Vx & I Live In Northern Ireland.
    The Vehicle Is Displaying The Tod Check Light (flashing).
    This Only Happened After Very Heavy Rain. The Engine Completely Dies & Won't Restart Albeit That It Cranks Over. Ther Is No Power At The Fuel Pump Or At The Spark Plugs. After 2 Days In The Garage The Light Went Off & The Engine Started & Went Perfectly. Then Back Into The Heavy Rain & Yea It Quit Again With The Same Light Flashing. Ihave Checked All The Sensors Wires On The Transmission For Corrosion And They Seem To Be Fine & Also On The Front Axle Housing.
    There Does Not Seem To Be Another Vx Here At Home & The Main Dealers Haven't Even Heard Of A Vx. The Owners Manual I Have Is In Japanese Which Doesn't Help Me At All.
    I Would Be Very Grateful For Info On This Light & What It Relates To & Also If Anybody Out There Has Had The Same Problem & Hopefully A Fix For It.
    Yuors In Hope Mike.

HI V XERS,
    EVENTUALLY GOT ,PROBLEM SOLVED. LONG STORY!
    AFTER TRACING MILES OF WIRE FOR DAYS & CHECKIN EVERY CONNECT, TRACED AFTER MARKET ALARM (TOAD) & FOUND THAT WHAT ACCORDING TO RECIEPT WAS MEANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL JOB TURN OUT TO BE FITTED BY A BRICK LAYER!!!! RIPPED IT OUT AS IT HAD BURNT FUEL PUMP & PCM RELAYS. CHANGED THEM & BANG OFF THE BEAST WENT AGAIN. SO FINGERS CROSSED & MANY MANY THANKS FOR ALL ADVICE & KNOW HOW REC'D FROM YOU GUYS.
    MERRY XMAS HAPPY V XER
    Last edited by MIKE TAYLOR : 12/18/2006 at 11:11 AM Reason: PROBLEM SORTED OUT

Sorry, I can't help you but I sure will follow this thread since we had 19.5 inches of rain here in Olympia Washington in November.

Definately sounds like a short somewhere, I would try the wiring harness right behind the (american drivers side) headlight. I know Anita has had some experience with it and so have I. In my case it would blow the 40amp ecm fuse under the hood. I looked around the harness and couldnt really find anything, but I must have wiggled it enough to where it no longer shorts because I havent had a problem with it for about 4-5 months.
    "You can live your life in a thousand ways,
    but it all comes down to that single day,
    when you realize what you regret,
    but you cant relaim and you cant forget."
    ----Trans Siberian Orchestra

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...wiring+harness

It is possible you are getting either water in the wiring harness connector or that the wires are fraying. Check the above thread and also do a search on "wiring harness".
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com