Thread: Final advice needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone?

I think they will fit if the specs are the same. I would just make sure the hub is big enough to fit our truck. Just make a few phone calls and tell them you have a 2001 Trooper and ask if these rims will work. If 2 or 3 wheel shops say "yes" to that question, I would say you are on the safe side. But, don't blame me if they don't fit!

Go for it, and post photos when you get them on!

Bart

Thumbs up One more thing...

About the hub centric thing, I would just call a few shops that sell these rims and ask them which ones have the bigger opening. They should be able to tell you which ones can be used with Toyotas, Nissans and Isuzus and which ones are for GM Trucks. From the link you posted, it looks similar to the way American Racing has their wheels listed. There are two sets of Chambers in 16x8, 0, 6x5.5, one for GM Trucks and one for the rest. You do not want the ones for GM Trucks, which I THINK, are the hub centric ones, but I could be wrong, you need to call and talk to some shops...they should have the answers you seek.

Bart

Don't be too afraid of extending from the wells.... just be aware that you may end up doing some trimming. I extend a little over 1" but it's a nice aggressive look. Cops don't like it too much and it creates a nasty but cool looking rooster tail in rain. I only drive it on weekends though, so it stays low profile.

These are 18x8.5 (6-5.5) with 0 offset.... it's all about researching and taking that chance. The tires are 285/60 Yokohamas, but they have since been replaced by the same size Grapplers.... which are actually larger due to the tread.

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Ok I am really doing it Harry.........Im buying these rims today all four and they will fit. I will post picks of how great they look once they arrive and I get some rubber on them. I have been talked into getting some fatter tires too.

Thumbs up

Good luck dude!

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    Ok I am really doing it Harry.........Im buying these rims today all four and they will fit. I will post picks of how great they look once they arrive and I get some rubber on them. I have been talked into getting some fatter tires too.

Talking

Sweeeet! He's gonna do it first, so I don't hafta!

I wish you success, because I am NEXT on the chopping block. Well, my checkbook is the one on the chopping block, technically...