Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moab 2007

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Beej is right...when the time comes, just sign up for the "tamer" trails, (3.5 or less)& go have fun.
    On a lot of obstacles (not all), there are alternate routes that go around the gnarly section...last spring I took the E-Z trail on more than one occaision, & nobody called me any bad names (least wise, not to my face).
    My attitude was that I was there to "test the waters", see what it's all about & have fun.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...everyone there, is there to do the same & very supportive of "first timers" & will go out of their way to help out a VX bro. or sis.
    It's like going to a family reunion that you actually enjoy, except with family you've never met before & can't wait to see again next year.
    Sorry for the off topic rant...

I would love to go to Moab but living in Indiana makes it a long trip for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by E-ZooZoo One
    Congratulations on the purchase – Welcome to the family!

RE: Moab…

Yahoo Photo Search: “Moab`Zu”
    YouTube Video: ‘See you in May’
    YouTube Video: ‘Moab Slideshow’ (<< Soundtrack is NOT Work Safe!)

Yeah, one of these days… one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    I would love to go to Moab but living in Indiana makes it a long trip for me.....

yeah.. PA is about as far from Moab as i can get.. but im still toying with the idea of taking like 3 days before and 3 days after and gettin to know rt 70 much better......

Yeah, I am thinking of taking hwy 50 out of Reno and driving to the Great Basin National Park, camping there, and then making the rest of the trip to Moab the next day, and doing the same on the way back. Its a 13 hour drive from Reno, so I think It would be nice to break it up a bit, plus I really want to see Great Basin National park. It would be cool if all the VXers coming from the west could congregate there, and then caravan out to Moab together.

Bart

Talking

...You'll have to come up with a better excuse than that , Kenny's coming from Winnepeg...Manitoba...CANADA...Jim & I are making the trip from Fargo...not to mention, you still have the stamina of youth on your side...

Lightbulb

Moncha,

How about splitting all this OT (Moab) stuph off into a seperate thread titled Pre-Moab Buzz or something ?

Thanks, Ldub

Done!!! March huh?? I did not know that.. I gotta quit being so busy!!
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    OK, after watching some of that stuff on YouTube, I can safely say, with no shame, call me whatever you want, there are some thing I will simply NOT do.....maybe if I had a 2nd VX...

Bart

There is some stuff I just won't do also....but I'm still trying to find it
    Testing the waters...

From the official mouths at ZuZoo this year...
    ZuZoo may or may not be an "official" event however come the 3rd weekend of MAY 2007 there will be people in Isuzus wheeling in Moab. The official thing stems from the insurance issues.
    Unfortunately I won't be there in '07. Have to save some vacation time for when I qualify for Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii!
    '08 I will be back though! Hopefully with more armour for some of the "funner" trails!

From the 4x4Wire...ZuZoo will be May 16-19 (VX run on the 15?). The new host campground will more than likely be Arch View Resort
    Last edited by Triathlete : 12/04/2006 at 09:47 AM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete

Seriously, Billy... some of us who were there pooped a little when we saw you in this position... scary, man.

*whew*...

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Moab is a good haul from here too, but is somewhere you MUST visit at least once. I made the trip twice, and (hope I'm not jinxing myself again) plan on making it out there in '07. Work, finances, family, health... all good reasons to miss out. Too long a drive... not good enough! See you there!

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by biju
    Seriously, Billy... some of us who were there pooped a little when we saw you in this position... scary, man.

*whew*...

-biju.
    I was cool as a cuccumber...just ask Larry!

Well, hopefully we can get the VX only run date nailed down, because most likely this will be the only day I can stay. I probably can only take like 2 or 3 days off work. I'm not really sure yet. I'm contract to hire right now, and if I get hired my start date would be something like March 1st, which isn't going to afford me much vacation time by May, but we'll see. The sooner I know the confirmed date for the VX only run, the betta.

Bart

VX run should be on the 15th. It is always the day before ZuZoo officially starts. Todd where are you? He will have the answer since he is always the trail leader and the driving foce behind putting it together.

Yeah, once we get that set in stone, I can see about taking off Monday-Wednesday. I like to book hotels (and cabins) ahead of time so I don't end up getting left out in the dark, literally.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    VX run should be on the 15th. It is always the day before ZuZoo officially starts. Todd where are you? He will have the answer since he is always the trail leader and the driving foce behind putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Well, hopefully we can get the VX only run date nailed down, because most likely this will be the only day I can stay. I probably can only take like 2 or 3 days off work. I'm not really sure yet.

Bart
    - you may just regret that after the run! I know I did, big time !

I figured I'd do the VX run on my way through Utah and onto Vegas. After the VX run I was so tempted to cancel all my Vegas registrations (hotel, shows, etc..) and stay for more - but didn't . So began my 364 day countdown...

Free advice: register and leave yourself some room to possibly stay a few more days.