Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Moab 2007

Well, I certainly would love to stay the full week, but I was planning to bring my wife along, which means we BOTH need to take a full week off, which is a lot of time off work. So I dunno, I have about 2 months to go before I know if they are going to hire me or let my contract expire. Basically, I might be out of a job come the end of February. But if I get hired, I don't know how much vacation time I will have accrued by then. So we shall see. Only time will tell.

Basically what I am getting at, is working sucks. I want to be independantly wealthy

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    - you may just regret that after the run! I know I did, big time !

I figured I'd do the VX run on my way through Utah and onto Vegas. After the VX run I was so tempted to cancel all my Vegas registrations (hotel, shows, etc..) and stay for more - but didn't . So began my 364 day countdown...

Free advice: register and leave yourself some room to possibly stay a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    OK, after watching some of that stuff on YouTube, I can safely say, with no shame, call me whatever you want, there are some thing I will simply NOT do.....maybe if I had a 2nd VX...

Bart
    ehem... JEEP! Come on, you knew it was coming!

In other news... by May, I just may have dual air lockers AND 33's as well as sliders! Yes, in the VX! It seems as though I need to pull my front axle... AGAIN...! If so, I am just going to add the ARB this time and save $$$ for the rear ARB and the compressor. I should be able to swing that by May. Tomorrow night, I take my VX to Rocky Road Outfitters so they can prototype some sliders and give them to me!! I'll let everyone know about them Saturday when I get my ZEUS back. 4.77's, sliders, skids, 33's, dual selectable lockers... might as well find a lower geared transfer case... how mad would you guys get if I threw RUBICON stickers on my VX fenders??? j/k
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I'll be there in the new toy!

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    ehem... JEEP! Come on, you knew it was coming!

In other news... by May, I just may have dual air lockers AND 33's as well as sliders! Yes, in the VX! It seems as though I need to pull my front axle... AGAIN...! If so, I am just going to add the ARB this time and save $$$ for the rear ARB and the compressor. I should be able to swing that by May. Tomorrow night, I take my VX to Rocky Road Outfitters so they can prototype some sliders and give them to me!! I'll let everyone know about them Saturday when I get my ZEUS back. 4.77's, sliders, skids, 33's, dual selectable lockers... might as well find a lower geared transfer case... how mad would you guys get if I threw RUBICON stickers on my VX fenders??? j/k
    Unless you change the front suspension, I would not install a front locker. Get on board air & install ARB on rear axle.

Bob F
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Hi Jay! I'm thinking of the same thing.How does it drive on the street compared to the VX.I saw a road test they said it rode way better on the street than the new wrangler.Let me know what you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Thumbs up

Jay,
    Glad to see you with another 4x4. Tell us what package you got.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Looks great Jay...very nice indeed.
    Whats that on the mirror?...auxilliary lighting of some sort?...cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness
    Hi Jay! I'm thinking of the same thing.How does it drive on the street compared to the VX.I saw a road test they said it rode way better on the street than the new wrangler.Let me know what you think.
    It is much smoother than the VX, mainly due to the shocks. You can still tell it's a short wheel base but it doesn't pound you over bumps like the VX (maybe my bones are getting to old for that?). It sure wouldn't out perform in a street setting, but will certainly hold its own off-road - especially with the factory rear locker and ATRAC system. Another plus is the well established aftermarket for Toyota, a subject I am all too familiar with after all the custom work done to my VX over the years. It has great power for the 6 banger (with milage comparable to the VX) and a TRD supercharger will be out later this year to add more if you want it.

Tone and I will be in Dallas Sat. 13th if anyone would like to meet up that morning or early afternoon in the Grand Prairie area.

Wow, very nice indeed. Did you have the white top painted or are these coming with the option to have the white top painted to match? I love the all black look (of course). This FJ is the first one I have seen that I can say I actually like!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford
    I'll be there in the new toy!

Can't wait.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

kudo's j....

Very nice. Flirted with the idea of an FJ myself....

Now pimp that ride! After all, moab's only a few months away...!!!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Jay, did you trade in your VX for this abomination?! j/k
    I hate FJ's but I can tell this one is on it's way above and beyond... But, seriously, did you trade in the VX for the FJ?
    Last edited by ZEUS : 12/05/2006 at 08:48 AM

Let's see if I can answer everyone:

This is the TRD SE edition. It came with the roof painted to match as well as some do-dad upgrades such as TRD mats, wheels, AT tires, shocks, and a factory hack to allow ATRAC and the locker to function together. All in all I liked the look and the upgrades of the tires and options was enough to make it wothwhile. I have had the mirrors, door handles, and front grill surround painted to match the body, and I painted the silver parts of the bumpers with a couple of cans of spray-on bedliner. The lights in the mirrors are a running light, but I will probably get in there while opening the doors for stereo stuff and tie them into the turn signals with an amber bulb.

I didn't trade the VX for this, I sold the VX a while back to someone in Minnesota I think, but he has dropped off the radar. I was driving a 2005 GTO for a couple of years and it was a real blast to drive, just not real practical. I've been eyeing the FJ for a while now and when I saw the SE edition decided to make the switch.
    Last edited by Jay Dunford : 12/05/2006 at 08:59 AM

Jay looks very nice!! I hope i don't need to split this thread too

As far as Moab 07, I've kinda been out of the loop (Guess a visit to the wire is in order). I've been very busy as we have a new sheriff in town (our current one lost his re-election bid) and my commander is being forced to retire leaving me the next in line to take over our High Tech Crimes Unit. My hair is falling (pulling) out at an alarming rate! I'll have to get the dates on the radar ASAP.

P.S. Biju, I'm still trying to figure a Colorado meet date for after Christmas..
    Scott / moncha.com